I guess I should back up here and say that the whole reason for this trip to NYC was for Brian to plan and get ready for the GoStudents trip that will happen this summer. I'm so glad he has a travel account to be able to take me along on some of his adventures like this! Todd & Angela were in NYC with us, and Jeremy & Melinda Rowen also met us there on Thursday morning. Jeremy is going to be the Project Coordinator for the GoStudents trip, so he was important to the planning process. The guys met up early Thursday morning and traveled to the Bronx to meet with Jordan, the missionary they will be working with. The girls decided to sleep in a little and then meet up for coffee at Starbucks, before meeting the guys in the Bronx. That required us taking the Subway on our own, to find them...thankfully Melinda has been to NYC before & knew what to do...so Angela and I just followed her lead! We met up with them for lunch at the Rainbow Diner...it looked like something out of a movie...it was so cute! After lunch with the group, everyone ventured out on their own to explore the city for the day. I discovered quickly that the Subway is not something I enjoy. At all.
Because it was chilly & I was in NYC & I wanted to fit in & it just felt like the "right" thing to do...I ordered a coffee drink. Some kind of mocha latte or something...I don't know, but I didn't like it. I'm just sticking with Diet Coke! The cookie was pretty good though! 

Pictures of the guys' work meeting with Jordan and his wife earlier in the morning...at the same diner we had lunch at. They had breakfast & lunch there...ha!
Waiting for the Subway...
It was about a 40 minute Subway ride from where we were, to the Bronx where the guys were.
Brian and I shared this chicken parmigiana sandwich...it wasn't my favorite thing we ate in NYC, but it was pretty good.














No comments:
Post a Comment