On Wednesday morning, I flew to New York City to meet up with Brian. He had been in Richmond at the IMB for a few days, and was also flying into NYC on Wednesday. I have gotten used to flying solo and it really doesn't bother me at all...but this was the most challenging travel day I have ever experienced on my own for sure. My flight from OKC into Washington DC went according to plan and was easy. I was so excited to look out the window and see that we were flying directly over the Washington Monument & reflecting pool...it was very foggy, but it was so neat to see it from this perspective. That's where the "easy" traveling ended...
Just about the time I got settled into the plane in DC, headed to NYC, and got excited that there was an empty seat next to me, the pilot came on and made the announcement that we had to de-board because water was dripping into the plane. UGH!! It was very foggy and rainy...so we got off the plane & waited over an hour to be able to re-board, only to find out that the flight was cancelled. At that point, I had to get in a mile long line, to rebook my flight...thankfully I got another flight out 3 hours later and FINALLY made it to NYC around 7:00 PM, after the scariest, most turbulent flight experience of my life.
Brian had a crazy travel day too...when he got into the airport at Richmond, he realized he left his credit card at Top Golf the night before & had to take an Uber from the airport to go get it...thankfully he had enough time to get back to the airport in time for his flight. Needless to say, by the time we were finally together in NYC, we were exhausted! But the frustration wasn't over...we had to get an Uber from the airport into the city where we were staying...we waited for over an hour in the parking garage for our driver to pick us up. I've never seen so many people waiting for a ride...it was crazy!
So our time in NYC started out on a bumpy note...but we made it! Brian is always saying we shouldn't expect things to go according to plan when we fly, but just be thankful when they do...well...I'm now extra thankful for all of the times before this that have gone according to plan...because traveling like this was no fun! 

Remember the snack picture I took when I flew home from Orlando? Yep, same thing...this is what I do.
Ya think?
My Instagram post:
"Long Legs + Empty seat next to me = Happy Flyer! OH WAIT..."Sorry folks, there is a problem with the plane so you need to de-board." Followed by "Cancelled flight." Followed by sitting there for an extra 3 hours, hoping the next flight out isn't delayed or cancelled due to weather. Followed by #deepbreaths #icandothis "
The customer service line to rebook you flight...I actually rebooked mine through the app, but still waited in line to make sure I did it right!
It was closer to 5:30 before we took off from DC...we sat in the plane for over an hour on the runway, because there were so many planes trying to take off. To top it all off, this time I did not have an empty seat next to me. I was very crowded into my window seat & it didn't smell good. I was seriously trying not to freak out!
Finally...see ya DC...it's been real!
Now let's talk about the flight from DC into NYC...it was SCARY...so much turbulence...I prayed and scrolled through pictures of my kids the entire time. I really thought I might not make it out of that plane alive at one point.


And this is a very small glimpse of what the uber pick up situation was at the airport. I'm telling ya...total disaster!





















No comments:
Post a Comment