After seeing the Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island, we headed to the National September 11 Memorial & Museum at the site where the twin towers stood. It was a humbling experience, to say the least. It's hard to even wrap your mind around what happened there and what it must have been like. When my mom and I visited NYC with Olga back in 2003, we went to Ground Zero and it was still very much a mess at that time. Now it is a beautiful memorial site. We went into the museum and spent about an hour trying to take in as much of it as we could. You really could spend an entire day in there, reading and watching all of the footage from 9/11. It has a similar feeling as the OKC bombing memorial museum. There were many parts of the museum where you weren't allowed to take pictures, but here are some that I was able to get.
I remember right where I was standing on 9-11 when I heard about the devastation happening in NYC...I was working at Candid Color Systems at the time & we all gathered around a tv screen and just stood in shock, unable to look away. Brian and I had only been married for about 5 weeks.
Wow...
























No comments:
Post a Comment