So by the time we made it to Hotel Pennsylvania, where we were staying, I really wanted to just order room service and crawl into bed right away...but Brian changed my mind and convinced me that we shouldn't waste the time we had in NYC. So we freshened up and met up with Todd and Angela for dinner at John's Pizzeria in Times Square. That ended up being a great decision...that pizza & garlic knots was SO, SO good! Even though it was rainy, it was still fun to walk around Times Square & explore a little, before heading back to the hotel. We went into the Disney Store (of course!) and saw the Empire State Building. Oh and we discovered that there are weed trucks (like food trucks) all over the place...what in the world?! I jokingly said I was half high the entire time we were in NYC, because the smell of marijuana was so strong nearly everywhere we went. #gag
(Side Note: I fretted over that a lot after we got back home and I found out I was pregnant...what if breathing in all of that junk harmed the baby? I know that I just have to trust the Lord with those thoughts though.)
Another funny thing I don't want to forget about this trip...I was planning on just taking my jean jacket and another very light weight jacket. At the last minute when G-Ma took me to the airport, I decided to borrow her white Northface coat & I also grabbed an umbrella out of her car to take just in case. Well...I think I wore that coat 80% of the time we were in NYC...it was much colder and windier there than I expected.
We had such a fun time with Todd & Angela on this trip to NYC & Boston...so thankful that we get to serve in ministry with them!
Hotel Pennsylvania was directly across the street from Madison Square Garden & right in the middle of everything. It was one of the cheapest options we could find, and the rooms were tiny and not fancy at all...but it was still great.

I sent G-Ma this picture and told her it was a good thing I grabbed that umbrella & coat! Ha!
We were looking a little rough after the travel day we had & walking in the rain to get to the restaurant!
I was not in the mood for Brian's silly video'ing...obviously!
Everywhere...Sad...
No doubt we were tourists!


















No comments:
Post a Comment