Sunday, October 20, 2019

Our Scenic Drive to Boston

On Sunday morning we got a rental car and headed to Boston for the second part of our trip. I was READY to get out of NYC! We were really looking forward to the beautiful Fall foliage on our drive, and it was pretty, but not as colorful as we thought it would be. We passed through New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island & Massachusetts. We stopped and saw a pretty lighthouse along the way. We also went to Plimoth Plantation (not worth $60 at all, but neat to say we've been there) and then we went to see Plymouth Rock. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it was literally just a rock with a monument built up around it. Not gonna lie, my favorite part of the drive was getting Chipotle for lunch...haha! The drive from NYC to Boston was around 5 hours, but we stopped several times so it took us longer than that. We got into Boston around dinnertime and we walked around and saw Old Ironsides, before going to seafood restaurant to eat. Our first impression of Bostonians was not a great one...our waiter was probably the rudest waiter we have ever had anywhere...we were wishing we had made a different choice for dinner. This was a fun, relaxing day though, and we enjoyed just going at our own pace and not being surrounded by people. 
I can't remember where this was, but it was just this quaint little New England town. 
Getting a picture of what life was like when the pilgrims first landed on Plymouth Rock at the Plimouth Plantation. There were people in costume, playing the role of the colonial people, and talking just as they would've back then. 
Brian said he thought I would be a goner...first one to die...then on this video, he changes his mind and says I'm tough and I'd survive...ha!
Here it is...Plymouth Rock. 
We also saw the National Monument to the Forefathers, which is on the Kirk Cameron documentary, Monumental. Brian was really excited about seeing this, so I let him just take it all in while I rested in the car. 
I did get out long enough for a picture! 
And here we are, finally in Boston, in front of Old Ironsides. We went back a few days later when it was open and got to go onboard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment