For Mackenzie's 13th birthday party with her friends, we invited Abigail, Jordan, Daelyn & Mackenzie Sears (and a few others who couldn't make it) over for a scavenger hunt at the mall/Main Event/Sleepover. I was a little nervous about it, but the girls seemed to have a great time and Mackenzie still talks about how much fun it was, so I think it was a win! I still remember going to the mall and doing a scavenger hunt for one of my birthdays, I think maybe when I turned 12. G-Ma met us at the mall and spent the evening with us, so that helped with my sanity a lot! The first thing we did was eat Chickfila at the mall, before starting the scavenger hunt...then we basically just chased the girls around and took funny pictures of them. The highlight of the night, for sure, was going into the Prom dress section of Dillards (I'm just glad we didn't get kicked out!) and the girls picking out fancy dresses to try on. There was much giggling and loud noise happening, that's all I know to say about it. I'm pretty sure we ran a few people out of the dressing room when we showed up there! Haha! After our scavenger hunt was done, we went to Main Event and played laser tag, did the ropes course and went bowling until around 1:00 AM. Then it was back home, to bed for me, and watching movies and staying up until 5:00 in the morning for the girls! I loved staying up like that when I was a teenager, but if I did that now it would take me a week to recuperate!
It was fun to watch Mackenzie laugh and have such a fun time with her friends! When we moved away from Tulsa, I worried that she would have a hard time building close friendships in a new place, but God has been faithful to bring sweet girls into her life to be her friends.
(I didn't know it at the time, but I was pregnant at this point...its a good thing this party happened when it did, before I started being sick and tired all the time!)

Their attempt at "looking lost."
This may have been my favorite scavenger hunt thing...they had to convince teenage boys to do the YMCA...these boys did not want to participate at all, but the girls were relentless, so they gave it. So funny!
We weren't making a scene at all...
I didn't take a cake or anything...we just all got cookies at the mall & sang Happy Birthday to Mackenzie there.
On to Main Event...
G-Ma and I got in on one round of laser tag! Can't believe this is the only picture I got of us with Mackenzie the entire night.
They gave each other new names...

No comments:
Post a Comment