Thursday, October 31, 2019

Happy Halloween at EFBC

So Halloween fell on Thursday this year...this was the week I found out I was pregnant. I found out on Monday & by Wednesday, I was already feeling really sick. I knew it wouldn't take long. So, Halloween was challenging for me. I didn't feel like doing anything, but had to pretend like I was fine because the kids and G-Ma had no idea that I was pregnant yet. So off we went, to our inside "Trunk or Treat" at EFBC. This was the second year in a row it had to be moved inside because of bad weather. Mackenzie's connection group did a Toy Story themed booth and she volunteered to make these targets for one of the games. They really turned out cute & she had such a fun time getting to help with this! It was strange to me that she was now old enough to help run a booth, and not to actually run around playing games and collecting candy. There were a lot of people packed into a small space, so we took out of there as quickly as we could. The kids had fun & got some candy, so I would say they had a Happy Halloween! (Even though they were disappointed that we wouldn't let them go trick or treating in our neighborhood after we got home.)
We took all of our Toy Story characters to help decorate the booth! 

They filled out prayer requests at one booth & I guess Jonah had a tummy ache, because this was his prayer request. Makes my heart sad! We definitely prayed for his tumee to feel better that night.
The best part...the candy trade! Mackenzie still managed to collect some candy of her own! 
 Caught Daddy swiping some candy! (Love how Mack is "protecting" her candy!)
A little Snapchat filtering to show how I was really feeling...
Trying to smile and act normal, even though I felt so awful...
...yeah, this is much more accurate...
...this one too...somebody find me a coffin! (just kidding!) 
And last, a throw-back to maybe my favorite Halloween costume of all time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment