After lunch with the group at the Rainbow Diner, Brian and I got back on the subway and made the trip back into the city. Brian had pretty much planned out everything he wanted us to do in NYC & he bought a CityPass ahead of time for us to use. Our first stop was the Empire State Building. Back in 2003, when my mom and I visited Olga in Pennsylvania, she and her friend Vitalii took us into NYC one day. We basically only had about 6 or 7 hours and we practically ran from place to place, seeing as many things as we could cram in. And I was extremely sick the entire time...So while I had been to NYC before, I think it only half counted, and this was Brian's first time to visit NYC.
The thing I remember the most about going to the top of the Empire State building is the wind...I'm not sure I've ever experienced anything like it! I'm glad we didn't get blown off of there...it was scary and I didn't like being up there at all. The views were amazing & I'm glad we can say we've done it, but I was happy to be back on the ground!
After that, we walked to Grand Central Station (just makes me think of Madagascar) and then went back to our hotel to rest for a little bit and get ready for our evening plans. I was figuring out real quick that getting around NYC was not the easiest thing to do...it was a ton of walking, there were SO many people, and it was cold and windy...I may have been a little bit grumpy at times. =0)
On one side of the Empire State building, the wind wasn't bad...
...but this is what the other side was like...lol!
Grand Central Station in the background...
We didn't really do anything there, but it was very pretty inside and neat to say we have been there.
Madison Square Garden, right across from our hotel.
Hotel Pennsylvania is a very old hotel...the doors to all of the rooms look like vaults or something. They had these outer areas on them, where people used to put their clothes for dry cleaning.
The elevators were so cool and old looking!
And this was our room...basically just enough room for the bed.

























No comments:
Post a Comment