We managed to walk even more on Saturday than we did on Friday, but I definitely wore more comfortable shoes this time, so I think there was less complaining. After visiting Ground Zero, we stopped at a little pizza shop for some authentic NY pizza (way too greasy) and then we made our way over to the Wall Street area. We saw the New York Stock Exchange building & the Federal Hall building where the nations first capital was. We also stopped at Trinity Church, where Alexander & Eliza Hamilton were buried...I mentioned it in another post, but I had just recently read a book about them, so it was interesting to me, to see historical places involving them.
Then it was time for us to head across the Brooklyn Bridge. Uhhh, definitely my least favorite part of the day. There were shoulder to shoulder people & it was just not enjoyable at all. And I was hangry! By the time we finally got across the bridge and made our way into this little park, we stopped at the first food truck we could find and got some popcorn...that helped a little! Brian's little interview of that moment in time is quite funny and makes me laugh every time I watch it. Brian really wanted to ride bikes across the bridge...hahahahaha...that would have been an even bigger nightmare. I'm telling you, you could barely move! We decided to take an Uber back into the city, which cost us way too much, but it was really the only option at that point. We passed by the UN building & eventually had the driver drop us off near the area where we were getting on the harbor cruise boat a few hours later. Several people had recommended that we eat at Shake Shack, so that's what we did...it was very, very good...but completely chaotic and crammed with people. I was done with NYC at this point...it is a fun place to visit, but I could never, ever live there, and I was ready for a slower pace, clean air and less people.
(And again...I had no idea that I was pregnant...I just knew I was sooooo tired pretty much the entire time we were on this trip. It all makes more sense to me now...)

The New York Stock Exchange:
Federal Hall, the nations first Capital building. Pretty cool to see!
Good ole George Washington was giving Brian a pat on the head!
On to the Brooklyn Bridge:
There were these little carts selling mango all across the bridge...Brian kept asking me over and over if I wanted some. I DO NOT LIKE MANGO. This is how I felt about it the 5th time he asked me! LOL!
I really did thank God for this popcorn! I'm sure Brian did too...haha! =0)
The UN Building:
Parking in NYC is interesting...


































No comments:
Post a Comment