I'm so glad it worked out for us to go on Youth Choir Tour this year. I always loved choir tours when I was a teenager, and it is still so much fun. Brian jokingly says that Choir Tour is his favorite trip of the summer, because he's not in charge! =0) It was nice that he was able to help me, since he didn't have to orchestrate everything. It was an added bonus that it was in St. Louis, one of our favorite places. After doing our own thing in St. Louis for a few days before they arrived, we met up with the group on Tuesday evening at the church we were staying at. The girls were super excited about sleeping in a church on air mattresses! I can't say that I shared their excitement, especially after spending 2 nights at the Hyatt! However, it was an adventure and a fun experience that I won't soon forget. On Wednesday morning we went to a retirement center and performed before going downtown to do the Arch, Court House, and River Boat. Then, Wednesday evening we performed for the church where we were staying. Thursday was spent at a place called the Dream Center, where we did mission work and performed a few songs. Brian and I stayed through the morning with the kids, but then headed back to the church with them to rest for the afternoon. We were all getting very tired at this point! Thursday evening was fun because we just got to hang out at the church and play cards, make bracelets, color, and just hang out with the teenagers. Mackenzie acts like she's one of them! Friday morning we packed up and went to another nursing home to sing before going to Six Flags. Several people just couldn't believe that I was going and taking all three kids...yes, it was crazy at times, but worth it! Sometimes it takes hard work to make wonderful memories! I also had lots of help from the other adults and teenagers on the trip.
The girls rode on the bus with everyone a time or two. Madi sat with Ms. Michelle. She was so excited that Ms. Michelle was there and spent a lot of time with her. (She couldn't ride the bus without Pony and Waddles, her new penguin!)
We are so blessed to be a part of this wonderful group of students!
We pretty much moved right in! When we first talked about coming on choir tour, I told Brian the only condition was that he had to find us a room to sleep in where he could stay with us. We found a children's Sunday School room to stay in, so there were lots of things to entertain the girls in there.
They laid and watched movies at night until they fell asleep. On Wednesday night, Madison fell asleep in her clothes at 7:30 and slept that way all night long. I just knew she would wake up...the lights were on and there was noise everywhere, but she was OUT! 
There was one shower, and every shower I took was ICE cold! =0<
Mack took a freezing cold shower with me one night. She's very into having her hair put up in a towel, "Just like you, Momma."
Our plate awards: (minus Mackenzie's and Jonah's...not sure what happened to those!) I think Mack's had something to do with picking up trash! I liked my "Wonder Woman" award!




No comments:
Post a Comment