Thursday, May 23, 2013

Mackenzie's Last Day of School

Mackenzie's last day of school was May 23rd. For about a month leading up to it, I had been trying to prep Mackenzie, but every time I would mention it she would start crying. Her sensitive little self just hates goodbyes, or anything of that nature. I was anticipating that it might be a hard day for her, but thanks to one of the mom's suggesting we all go to Carl's Jr. together for lunch, that kind of helped with the sadness a little. We all met to give Mrs. Brenneman her gift from the class at 11:40. I volunteered to put together a Recipe/Photo book for her on Shutterfly. While it was a lot of work, it was definitely worth it. It turned out very cute and I think she loved it. I was doing pretty well and holding it together until Mrs. Brenneman huddled all of the kids around her and prayed over them one last time. How blessed we have been this year by Mrs. Brenneman! We couldn't have asked for a better Kindergarten teacher for Mackenzie. We love her and will miss being in her class very much. Thankfully we will still get to see her at church!!

This was Mackenzie on the first day of school. She has grown up so much this year!
She wrote "Teacher of the Year" on Mrs. Brenneman's card! G-Ma got District Teacher of the Year for Newcastle this year, so she has heard us talk about that. 
She was so proud that she came up with this rhyme! "You are so clever. The best teacher ever!"

A picture of Mackenzie & Mrs. Brenneman!
Mackenzie really REALLY wanted to take Mrs. Brenneman some roses. She really wanted red roses, but all I found were these pink ones, so she had to settle for those! I think Mrs. Brenneman liked them anyway.
Mrs. Brenneman chose a word for each of the children. Mackenzie's word was "Wisdom." 
Presenting Mrs. Brenneman with her gift...
The kids had fun gathering around and looking at their pictures in the book! Madison was right in the middle of everything too!
Mackenzie & Ella

No comments:

Post a Comment