Saturday, May 18, 2013

Shaw Reunion

This past weekend was the Shaw Family Reunion at Red Rock State Park in Hinton, OK. We drove down to Newcastle on Friday evening and then went to the reunion Saturday before driving back home to Tulsa. It was a wonderful day spent with family that we don't get to see often. And of course it was fun to show Jonah off this year! As we were getting ready that morning, all I could think was how proud and excited my Dad would have been to have Jonah there this year. I heard many, many times how much Jonah resembles his Pa Shaw...it makes me smile to think about how happy that would make my Dad! A few things I won't forget about this day...it was HOT and humid. Very miserable. Everything was sticky and just gross. I have never longed for an air conditioned, clean building so much! Nonetheless, it was a great day! The girls loved hula hooping, hunting Easter eggs and getting prizes. One of my favorite parts of the day was when Kendra and Levi asked the girls to be flower girls in their wedding in April! How special and sweet will that be?! We were very honored to be asked to be part of their special day. 
At one point, I looked up and there came Uncle Jim carrying Madison...oh my! I didn't get there in time to take a picture of it, but it was so funny. She had been asking and asking for me and G-Ma to hold her, and when we didn't, she went and found someone else to do it. Silly girl! =0)
It looks like Jonah has on orange lipstick...I think that was sweet potatoes!
Best Buddies!
Grandma Shaw wasn't feeling very well, but she tried her best to enjoy the day. The past few years have been hard on her. We love her very much!
I don't know who was enjoying this more...Jonah or G-Ma! He loved that cool air and she was getting some good lovin's!
Everyone was impressed with Mack's hula hooping skills! She was determined that she was wearing this cowboy hat from G-Ma's house. And she did keep it on most of the day.
It was so humid that Jonah's hair was curlier than ever. Love this sweet smile!
Time for the egg hunt! Madi can't stand the bright sun, just like her Daddy!
I'm pretty sure I bribed her with something to get her to take her arm down from her face. That's a smile that says, "I'm getting something good out of this deal!"
The Easter egg hunt was very fun, but it was so hot that the chocolate candy had melted and there were little bitty ants in all of the eggs. They loved picking the eggs up though, and they got new coloring books and crayons so they were happy!
Are these the cutest jean shorts ever, or what?! I found these at Target and just had to have them! 
My little colorer...
This was exactly one week after Madi's elbow accident. It was already looking much better.
Jonah kept his shirt on as long as he could, but it just got too hot! 
When we loaded up in the car, I put him in his car seat in just his diaper and he sacked right out for the ride home. Cool and comfortable...

No comments:

Post a Comment