Tuesday, May 28, 2013

CITY Museum St. Louis

We were very excited about going to City Museum in St. Louis, and not so happy about the fact that it was raining on the day we were there. About halfway through the day, it stopped raining and they were able to open the outside part, so it ended up being okay. City Museum is such a fun place, but it is also a really great place to get lost...which we discovered soon after we got there. Brian took Mackenzie to play in an area that Madison didn't want to go into, so that left me with Madi and Jonah. Madison climbed up some stairs and I was watching her, but all of a sudden she took off running and couldn't hear me calling her name. It was very loud and there were tons of kids in there. There are all kinds of tunnels, caves, slides, and things to climb over, and all of a sudden she was gone. I panicked like never before...there I was with Jonah sleeping in his stroller and my 4 year old has disappeared into the cave area of this huge museum. (There is literally a 10 story slide built into these caves, so I was terrified that she would be lost and scared in there and not able to find me.) I was desperate enough to ask a total stranger to stand with Jonah so I could go after her, after screaming her name over and over at the top of my lungs, to no avail. Right as I was about to go looking for her, out she popped, happy as can be! She really didn't mean to run off from me, she just couldn't hear me telling her to come back. Of course I was so relieved, and thankful that it hadn't been a traumatic experience for her...just me! I was literally shaking like a leaf. Once we made it past that little episode and found a quieter section of the museum, we had a great day!
Brian took the girls up on all of this high stuff. Madison didn't make it for too long, so she and I had fun doing some other things inside while Brian & Mack explored outside. 
I was glad for the excuse that I had to stay with Jonah...I don't really do heights well!
Mackenzie remembers doing this when we came 2 years ago. She tells people all of the time about how some teenage boys didn't think she could walk across it, but she did. She's very proud of that story and will tell it to complete strangers! All I know is I'm glad no one fell in this water...gross!
This was in the area that Madison got lost in...see what I mean? Dark and hard to get around in. This was like the roots of a tree.
The girls loved the little train, doing artwork, playing on the slides, and running around in the "skate-less skate park." Jonah was a good boy in his stroller. It was very loud in there and he was thoroughly entertained by it all.
 
Madi and I got to talk about how God made us all beautiful and special in our own ways, while we made this colorful collage. It was just a sweet teachable moment that we got to share.
They traded pictures...Madison's painting was just "beautiful!" I have never seen so much paint on a piece of paper!
Madison and I went back to the art area and then built a really cool castle while Daddy & Mack were outside. I loved this one-on-one time with her. (Jonah was sleeping in the stroller!)
I spy a Princess in her castle!
This is Jonah's new silly face!
 
Jonah was just completely worn out by the end of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment