Sunday, May 5, 2013

ELP 30 Year Celebration

This Sunday our church celebrated the ELP 30 year anniversary. I love thinking about how many families have been blessed by this program over the years. I know that for us, it has been a priceless investment in the early childhood development years for our girls. We have been blessed with the most wonderful teachers for both Mackenzie and Madison. We had cookies, visited and took pictures with all of our teachers. We look forward to another year of ELP with Madison next year, and then 2 or 3 more years with Jonah after that! I know when my children are grown, I will look back and have so many sweet memories from our days in the ELP program. For that, I am so very thankful!
Madison adores Ms. Michelle (Moore) and Ms. Amy (Monigold) this year. They have been wonderful to her, and she truly has come out of her shell and learned so much under their care.
Ms. Nancy was our first ELP teacher and a wonderful introduction to the program for us. Mackenzie was only 3 years old when she began the ELP program, turning 4 shortly after the year began. I'll never forget that first day when I dropped her off...I was literally WEEPING when I got back to my car. I was just so sad that my baby was growing up so fast. Looking back, that was the best decision we could ever have made for her. She absolutely loved ELP both years she was there, and misses it to this day. It is so hard for her to understand why Madison gets to do the fun things at ELP that she doesn't get to do anymore. We've had the "life's not fair" conversation many times this year in this regard. We are looking forward to having Ms. Nancy again for Madi this next year.
Madison's first ELP teachers last year were Ms. Janice and Ms. Karen. They were wonderful with her and she enjoyed her time in their class very much.
Then there are THE best Pre-K teachers ever...Ms. Anne & Ms. Janis! I SO wish Madison could be in their Pre-K class, but her birthday falls in the wrong time of the year to be in there. But, I have my fingers crossed that they will stick it out another 5 years and then Jonah can have them for Pre-K!

No comments:

Post a Comment