Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Spring Children's Choir Program

The girls had their Spring Choir program on Wednesday night. We had to have new matching dresses for the occasion! As we were loading up to leave the house, what do you know...the van wouldn't start. Grr! G-Ma and Poppa had to come rescue us and take us to the church. That caused a little more stress and excitement than I had bargained for, but once we got to the church, all was well. The girls did a great job singing & it was a fun night. After the program, we went to Braum's with G-Ma and Poppa & the Easterwood's and their Grandparents. 
Since we couldn't go anywhere, might as well take some pictures, right?!
Mackenzie & Kinley = BFF's
Practicing their songs before the program...
This was Madison's first Spring Choir program. I loved watching her sing and do the motions. She did a great job! Ms. Janice is such a wonderful choir teacher.
Here she is getting her certificate at the end.
Mackenzie's class did two songs, and she was asked to say a verse at the end. She was excited and a little nervous, but she did fantastic! She spoke clear as a bell and never missed a beat. It was so cute...I was sitting right on the front row, ready to prompt her if she needed me to and she just looked over at me and smiled as she said her verse. 
She recited 2 Timothy 4:18 "The Lord will rescue me and take me into his heavenly kingdom." This went along with The Greatest Rescue Ever song they performed. Ms. Kari is the Choir Director and she is wonderful. I have had the privilege of working with her, Lorie Bell, Sarah Sweaney, Melody Campbell and Erin Zimmerman this year. 
Proud Momma!
So glad G-Ma, Poppa Jim, Grandma & Grandpa Baldwin, and Aunt Amy, Collin, Bailey and Cole could be there for the program!
Oh, and Pony was there too...I can't forget Pony! 
After the girls sang, they did Mission Friends, GA and RA acknowledgements. Bailey was so sweet to give Mackenzie her rose. 
Kari & Connie...two of my dearest friends! I LOVE them and I'm so thankful for the friendships we have. Truly a blessing from the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment