Mackenzie had her first "presentation" and diorama project due this week. They had to choose a sea animal, and she chose the sea horse. I think I was just as excited about this project as she was! At least the decorating a shoe box part. Hopefully she will like oral speaking better than I did! I love it that they are taught to given presentations in front of their classmates at such a young age at Regent. I'm hoping it will just be second nature, and not any big deal to her. We had a great time decorating her box together. Of course she had very specific ideas about how things should look! And I don't even know how much this thing ended up costing us...stickers and paper can get expensive!
We checked out books from the library and did some research about sea horses. She had to answer these questions: What does a sea horse eat? Who are it's greatest predators? How does it protect itself? What are 2 interesting facts about the sea horse? What does a sea horse look like?
Before her assignment was due, I told my mom, "Oh how I wish I could just be a fly on the wall to see her do her presentation!" Well, when Mrs. Brenneman sent me videos of her entire presentation, I almost cried. Seriously! She was a little shy at first, and I was very glad that we had made notes for her to look at.
I think my favorite part of the whole diorama is the little sea horse with his tail wrapped around the sea weed that we made. That was Mackenzie's idea! She sculpted the actual sea horse for her display out of clay in art class at school.
She wanted to make sure I was getting the flowers we had just planted in the picture!
This was the day that we actually put it all together.
Here are the notes she took with her for her presentation!








No comments:
Post a Comment