Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day Picnic in the Park

Be Warned: LOTS and LOTS of pictures!
After Jonah's baby dedication at church, we headed back to the house and got everything ready for our picnic in the park. We went to Hunter Park and got there just in time to snag the perfect picnic table under this huge, beautiful tree! I think this was my favorite Mother's Day ever...for many reasons, but mostly because I feel like our family is complete and I had all of my little chicklets this year! And, because I am blessed with the BEST Mom in the whole world. I love her more than I can even put into words. Not only is she the best mom, she is also my best friend, and the best G-Ma for my kids. I am SO thankful for her and what she means to our family! 
Now, when we do a picnic, we do it right...we had quite the spread -- fried chicken, potato salad, rolls, beans (we forgot the can opener, but Brian saved the day and brought one from the church! He also had to bring salt & pepper! =0)), coleslaw salad, chips & dip (well, we also forgot the dip...what can I say, that's a lot to remember!), cheese, brownies with chocolate icing, and probably things I'm not even remembering right now...YUM! I'm getting hungry just thinking about it, as I sit here typing this! We spent the whole afternoon at the park eating, playing and just enjoying our time together. The weather was so beautiful. One of my favorite parts was laying on the blanket with Jonah sound asleep on my chest, looking up at the sky through the trees. Thank you, God for such a beautiful day! 
Four Generations!
They adore her!

The love of my life... How handsome is he?! I love his beautiful green eyes!
The men of the family...
My Poppa Jim is one of the most special people in my life! 
Sweet Madi Joy!
Mackenzie had a bit of a meltdown when some older girls didn't want to play with her. It made me so sad, but thankfully she recovered quickly.
He just looked so cute...I just kept snapping pictures! You're not surprised, are you?!
This girl can swing!
Aunt Abigail wasn't able to be there, because she was with her family. We missed her, but understood.

"Hey, wait a minute...where'd he go?!"

What a great picture!
Brian got there a little after we did, because he had to stay for the late service at church. He came walking up with flowers and a gift from him and the girls. I loved it!! He had taken them to Vintage Pearl the day before and got Jonah's birthstone and a new chain for my necklace. 
Mackenzie is my flower girl...she has always loved flowers!
Showing G-Ma the pictures they drew for her.
Another favorite picture of this cute 4 year old!
PRECIOUS!
I am savoring every moment with this little guy...
Madi and Pony joined us on the blanket after a while. I can't forget Pony...she's my "littlest child." Madi reminds us all the time that "Pony is part of the samily!" =0)

No comments:

Post a Comment