Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Girls Were Ready to Go too...

The girls were all excited about going to G-Ma's house too! (As always!) I really think they might go live with her if we would let them. It was cooler this weekend, so I bought these new hoodies for the girls and they loved them. It was very hot when we were loading our stuff, but they both insisted on wearing them. We also took their rain boots, just in case we needed them. They each picked out a couple of movies to take in the van. (Yes, they fight over what to watch EVERY time...) Since Jonah has been here, they now ride in the very back seat of the van. It is fun for them, but I don't like it that they are so far away. I can't reach them to hand something to them, or give our "hand hugs." We really don't have any other choice though, and that's okay. We have assigned Mackenzie the job of buckling Madison into her seat every time we get in the van...well, you would think that we were asking her to walk to the moon and back. There is always much moaning and complaining about it. She is getting better, but I think it overwhelms her to have to hurry and buckle both of them in. She is having to learn to be a big girl and help mommy out more now that we have another little person to take care of. 
When Madison was born, someone gave me a good piece of simple advice that I still think about often... to remember that even though Mackenzie (and now Madison) is much bigger than the baby, they are still little. They still need extra attention and care. Sometimes I know I expect too much of them. They are such sweet girls and even though they don't always listen and obey the first time, they try hard to do what they are supposed to do. Oh, how I love them! 
And again, maybe if I weren't so focused on taking pictures before we left, I would have remembered to shut the front door. =0)
Out comes the camera, and the posing begins! I can't believe she is going to be 6 years old in 3 weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment