I have always heard it said that the transition from 2 to 3 kids is very hard...well, I can now vouch for that! It is CRAZY! There is always someone saying, "Momma, Momma, Momma" or a baby crying, vying for my attention. I should count sometime to see how many times the word "Momma" is said in a day...I know I will be so sad someday when they no longer need or want me though.
I feel very overwhelmed and at times like a failure because I can't meet everyone's needs at every second of the day. While I wouldn't change anything about my life right now, I am often left feeling like a deflated balloon at the end of the day. (Sometimes at the beginning of the day!) I am learning that I really am not capable of doing this on my way...I must have the Lord's help. Oh, that I would be filled with the fruit of the spirit in all areas of my life, but especially in regards to raising my children. Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Gentleness, Self-Control. When they are grown and have children of their own, will they be able to look back and say that I had these qualities when they were little? Oh how I hope so. Thinking about this now makes me want to strive to do better. It is sometimes so hard, especially when you are incredibly sleep deprived and have a screaming baby to deal with! I have had to apologize to the girls several times because I have lost my temper with them. (I hope they don't remember that when they are older!)
I am learning that I am capable of multi-tasking in ways that I never knew were possible. Like in these pictures...it is possible to have bedtime snacks, read bedtime stories, (while still wearing dress-up costumes) and feed baby brother at the same time! I have also fed him while taking cookies out of the oven. Thankfully, we didn't get burned!
My recent FB post said, "My kids are eating tortilla chips for breakfast, walking barefooted through Wal-Mart, wearing whatever is clean, and staying up way too late...I may not receive the Mother of the Year award, but they are happy, healthy and very loved so I guess that's all that matters!"
I do feel like I have a lot on my plate, with three kids under the age of 6. I really do NOT know how single mom's do it. If I didn't have the help, love and support of my wonderful husband, I don't know what I would do.
Yes, I am tired. Yes, I get stressed and frustrated. Yes, this is a hard, wonderful season in life. No, I don't have any time for myself. YES, I love my children more than anything on this earth. YES, it is worth it and I am SO blessed to be called their Momma!

No comments:
Post a Comment