I cannot believe my baby is starting Kindergarten...where did the last (almost) 6 years go?! Mackenzie was SO excited about starting school at Regent. This was the Tuesday after Labor Day, one week after Jonah was born, so I was really glad I was feeling up to going to drop her off. I wasn't moving too fast, but I was there! When I woke her up, her little eyes popped right open and she hopped right out of bed! It usually takes a few minutes for her to wake up, but she was so ready to start school. Miraculously, we managed to get everyone ready and out the door on time. That was a major accomplishment after the night of no sleep I had with Jonah. I really did not want to be late on the first day.
Mack looks so cute in her uniform! Of course she was happy to pose for pictures. We bought her backpack and lunchbox at Gymboree. It was actually the second one we bought...she decided she didn't like the first one, and wanted this one instead because it would match her uniform and she liked the bow! I made a great effort at 8 months pregnant, in 112* heat, to make a second trip to the mall to exchange it, but I think she made a great choice. =0)
I was afraid I would be extremely emotional and fall completely apart when we dropped her off, but I didn't even cry. I think I had cried so much the day before when my mom left, that I didn't have many tears left. I did choke up a little when we got back in the car. It was hard to be sad when she was so happy and excited though. I am SO thankful that she is at Regent. God totally had his hand in making that happen for us.
When we got there, she went to line up to walk in with her class. Then all of the paparazzi (parents) followed the kids into their classrooms to take pictures. There are only 10 kids in Mackenzie's class. I love that!
When we picked her up at the end of the day, she jumped right in the van and said, "School was great today!" I asked what her favorite part was, and she said, "Art!" She was also very excited that they get to play TWO times on the playground. I can already tell that Mrs. Brenneman is going to be a wonderful teacher & we are in for a great year of Kindergarten at Regent!
The many poses of Mackenzie...
I just thought the girls backpacks looked cute sitting there together...

A few quick pics with baby brother before we walked out the door...
She crossed his legs, just like hers!
This was the first time we had all three kids in the van at the same time!
This was taken right when we got to school.
Mackenzie is so happy that Kinley is in her class!
All lined up and ready to go...
Hanging up her backpack...
I'm so glad I didn't have to miss her first day!
Sweet Sisters!
Daddy will take Mackenzie to school each morning. I'm glad they will have that special time together!
She's ready to learn!
Goodbye hugs from sister!
There are 6 girls and 4 boys in their class.
After taking Mackenzie, we took Madison to ELP. We took baby brother in to show him off, and while we were in the office area, Madison said, "Mommy, take my picture!" I didn't have my camera or phone with me, so I used Karen's phone and she sent the pic to me. I better not blink...before I know it, Madison will be starting Kindergarten! Jonah too, for that matter.


















No comments:
Post a Comment