Madison had her very first dentist appointment this week. I went first, and then Mackenzie, followed by Madison. We wanted to make sure she watched us do it, and knew what to expect. I thought she might have a hard time with it, but thankfully she did great! Dr. Baty is a wonderful dentist and she thought she was big stuff, getting to do what her big sister just did!
Brian came to help with the kids while I got my teeth cleaned, and then he had to go back to work. I have to add that it was POURING rain on our way and when we got there. I don't know what I would have done if Brian weren't there. I probably would have called and cancelled our appt's, seriously. It was raining that bad. He took Mackenzie first, and had her stand under the awning while he went back for Madison. While she was standing out there all ALONE, the loudest thunder you've ever heard happened. She is terrified of thunder as it is...and of course she was crying and very scared. It made me so sad, but there was no other way we could have done it without everyone getting soaked. Once Brian got Madison up there with her, he came back for Jonah and me. It was crazy...something I will never forget! Thankfully, it had stopped raining by the time we left.
Both girls' teeth looked good, they got to have "cookie dough" toothpaste (that's just wrong!), and they were very excited about getting new toothbrushes. When I was a little girl, I used to sing, "I hate the dentist!" all the way there, so I'm really glad they don't have such a phobia about it. Hopefully that won't change!
Mackenzie's two bottom front teeth are starting to get a little bit loose, and she is getting her 6 year molars. (I think that's what they are called!) I can't believe I have a child old enough to start losing teeth...I am not ready for that! I'm thinking that with Mackenzie, that will probably be a very traumatic experience, but maybe she will prove me wrong!

Madison watched intently while Mack got her teeth cleaned.
Dr. Baty always counts fingers, toes, and teeth...they have the same number...20!
Sparkly, clean teeth!
I was so glad that she was smiling about this and not crying!
Her little eyes got very wide as the chair leaned back further and further!
She gagged a few times, didn't open her mouth very wide, and didn't like the flossing part, but otherwise she did great.
The dental hygenist was showing her how the water sprayer and sucker worked.
Madi's sparkly clean teeth!

No comments:
Post a Comment