Sunday, September 2, 2012

Special G-Ma Time

I don't know what in the world we would do without G-Ma. She was so very helpful during the time I was in the hospital and once I came home. She took care of the girls, did the dishes & laundry, and kept my house picked up, and most of all she was just great company. She got to stay until Monday, which was Labor Day. The original plan was that she would stay until Tuesday, but I was so sad about her leaving. We decided at the last minute that it would be better for her to go Monday evening instead of Tuesday morning, when Mackenzie was starting Kindergarten. I think the combination of those two things may have been too much for me to handle! We also didn't want Mackenzie to be sad that G-Ma was leaving on her first day of Kindergarten. Every day that week, the girls would ask her, "How many more days will you be here?!" They love it when G-Ma stays with us! G-Ma had to be kind of careful about holding Jonah too much...she did a lot of holding once the girls were in bed. The girls are just going to have to learn to share G-Ma! None of us were ready for G-Ma to go home, but thankfully she was coming back at the end of the week. We don't go very long without seeing each other! 
I love this! The girls let Jonah get in their tent with them!
Here is what it looked like from the outside.
These are some pic's of the girls during our hospital stay...I'm so glad G-Ma stayed with them. I know they had a blast & I don't think they missed us too much. Mom did say that Madison said, "I miss mommy." several times though. I think the little presents I bought them helped a little bit to keep them occupied. 
Madi and G-Ma were having breakfast together before ELP on Thursday. That is the sweetest face ever!
They were playing babies...
On Thursday morning, Mackenzie went with Kinley to meet some of her new classmates at the park. She was so excited about it! Afterwards, she went back to Kinley's house to play, and then later that day Connie brought her up to the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment