Friday, September 28, 2012

1 Month Old

I can't believe Jonah is 1 month old already! Wow, how quickly time flies! Having a newborn is the best, sweetest time of your life. It is also so very hard and trying at times. Especially when trying to recover from a c-section and being so sleep deprived! Jonah is a good baby, but he has colic and cries a lot because his tummy hurts. This is new for me...neither of the girls dealt with this. I feel helpless because I don't know what to do to help him. We give him gas drops and have started trying gripe water, but he still has tummy troubles. Especially in the late evening and at night. Of course! Jonah is a very good eater. His cheeks just keep getting chubbier, just like his big sisters and he's already got a double chin! One other thing...he loves to be held. Like all of the time! He is more high maintenance than the girls were in that regard. I sent G-Ma a text the other day that said, "This baby is spoiled rotten. He wants to be held all the time!" Her response was, "And who's fault is that?!" Ha! She's the one that two steps around the house and sings to him. =0) He likes his baths now that he can be submerged in the water and it isn't so cold for him. He does not like having his diaper changed, having lotion put on him, or having his clothes changed. He pretty much doesn't like to be messed with! And he let's us know about it. The boy can cry! LOUDLY. He gets so worked up that he sounds like a little machine gun. Daddy says his crying is a little wimpy! Another thing that he hates is riding in his car seat. There have been several times already that he has cried from the time we leave the house, until we arrive wherever it is we are going. By the time we get there and I get him out, he is drenched in sweat because he is so worked up. He cries so frantically that I'm afraid he is going to hurt himself. But, the second I get him out of his seat, he stops crying. The rotten little thing just wants to be held! If I were this cute, I would cry to get my way about everything too! When we are around people, he is usually sleeping contentedly in his car seat and everyone comments on how happy he is. I just smile and think, "They have no idea..." I think he just saves it all up for me at home. Hopefully once he gets a little bigger and the colic goes away, he will be a little more easy going. 
I found these stickers for each month and just love them. I wish so badly I would have known about them with the girls. I put Daddy's "Buddy Bear" beside Jonah so I can measure how much is grows. They are about the same size right now! 
Somehow I have managed to snap several pictures of him "smiling." My mom's theory is that when you take 500 pictures a day, you're bound to accidentally capture a few smiles. (I can't help it! He's just so cute!)

No comments:

Post a Comment