Monday, March 18, 2013

Spring Break Fun

It is always great fun when we get to spend an entire week at G-Ma's house. At the beginning of the week it always seems like we have so much time, and I am always amazed at how quickly it passes. Spring Break is one of my favorite weeks to spend there, because G-Ma is out of school and gets to hang out with us the whole time. We got there on Saturday afternoon, and stayed until the following Sunday. 
This was the line-up of our week:
Sunday - Church and lunch at Mazzio's with Grandma Shaw
Monday - Donut Shop, Pet Shop, Library, Hobby Lobby, Hang out at home
Tuesday - Donut Shop, Jasmine Moran Children's Museum in Seminole
Wednesday - Gymboree shopping spree for Jonah (woohoo!) and hunt all over OKC and Norman for an Easter dress for me...with no success. I REALLY dislike shopping for myself!
Thursday - Continue the hunt for an Easter dress (finally just settle for something I don't really like, so I'll at least have something to put on), stop by the Norman hospital to see how things were going for Aunt Tamara, who was in labor, and then the kids stayed with G-Ma that evening while I went back to the hospital and waited for baby Olivia to be born. It was an exciting day!
Friday - Pedicures & Relax at the house
Saturday - I was planning to head home on Saturday because they were supposed to be back around 10:30 pm. At the last minute I decided to stay another night, and boy am I glad I did! Their flight from DFW to Tulsa was canceled due to weather (fog) and they couldn't fly home until the next morning. I sometimes jokingly say that Brian couldn't do the job he does if I didn't have my Mom to run to every time he is gone. Honestly, when I have to take care of my three young kids on my own for any length of time without him, I always find myself wondering how single parents do it. Oh. My! G-Ma is always excited to hear that Daddy has a trip planned, because she knows that means she gets extra special time with us! Here are some random pic's I took throughout the week:
Jonah looked quite handsome at church Sunday morning in his new outfit Grandma Baldwin just got him. The only problem: it is a 12 month outfit and already squeezes the guts out of him. What?! He's only 7 months old!
Even Chloe was finding things in the Look and Find book!

We all had our babies in their carriers for the trip to Hahn Appliance to look for G-Ma's new stove. The girls are such good little Momma's!

G-Ma spoils Jonah rotten! Whoever said boy clothes aren't cute didn't shop at Gymboree! =0) 
Mackenzie was so excited about painting me a surprise picture for Easter. I love G-Ma's homemade paint smocks out of Wal-Mart sacks. I'm gonna have to remember that in the future!
Chloe had to share G-Ma, which she wasn't too sure about.
Chloe found her a new seat...she literally sat in Jonah's car seat every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment