Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!

Hallelujah! He is Risen, indeed! I am so thankful for the hope that we have in Jesus Christ! I love Easter, because there is nothing better than celebrating our risen Savior! Also, it's fun to dress everyone up. I dress my kids up for church every week, but there's just something special about dressing them for Easter. It was especially fun this year to have a baby boy to dress in a vest and tie! I kept sticking my finger in between his neck and his shirt, to make sure it wasn't cutting off the circulation...that puppy was tight!! It didn't seem to bother him though, and he looked so handsome. The girls looked precious in their new dresses. I put their hair in foam rollers the night before, with many instructions from Mackenzie on just how she wanted her hair to look. OH MY!!! She's only 6...I can't imagine what she will be like at 16! She wanted big curls, not little ones, and only at the bottom of her hair. Miraculously, I managed to get it right and she was very pleased with her hair! We went to the first service at 9:30, and then I had ETC during the second service. The girls ended up going with Uncle Danny & Aunt Amy and their cousins after the first service, and riding to Lake Eufaula with them. That worked out well, because they didn't have to stay through both services that way. Jonah came into church with us (he was just too handsome to be hidden away in the nursery...people needed to see him, you know!) and then he played in the nursery while I did ETC for the second service. Afterwards, we loaded up and headed to the lake for a fun day with the Baldwin's.
Daddy was looking mighty fine in his new shirt and tie too! I LOVE my family!! Once again, Pony made it into our family picture. I was not aware of this at the time, or it wouldn't have happened. But, as Madi likes to say, Pony IS the littlest one in our family. =0) I guess I have 4 children after all!

Getting the three of them (and myself) ready on my own was a challenge, but we made it happen! 
Cousins!
One of my favorite pictures that Mackenzie has ever drawn!
Madison always gives us such great hair! (I love that she drew herself in blue...that girl LOVES blue!)
I wanted to get a family photo outside at church, but when we decided the girls would go with Danny & Amy, we had to kind of scramble to take a few quick pics.
Three Pretty Girls & a Pretty Pony!
Sweet friends!
Sisters
It was kind of strange driving to the lake with only one child in our vehicle. I think Jonah enjoyed the special attention, especially since I rode in the backseat with him! I just couldn't stop taking pictures of his cute little self!

1 comment:

  1. I could look at Jonah for hours. Precious and perfect. Love your blog. It will be a treasure for your family.

    ReplyDelete