Saturday, December 5, 2015

Smile Through the Pain

It's about 2 1/2 weeks after my miscarriage, and it's been rough for me. Physically, emotionally and mentally...it's been so hard. I have had the greatest support system though...I have the best family and friends in the world! It's been hard for Brian too, because he hasn't known how to help me really. I am feeling better and more like myself now...I'm starting to get my groove back. I think the hardest thing for me is just wondering WHY...why God allowed this to happen...why I got pregnant in the first place, when it wasn't part of our plan...only to endure 6 weeks of feeling horrible...and then to lose the baby right as I was getting excited and embracing it. The truth is that I may never know why. And that has to be okay. I am still very much overwhelmed by life...the struggle is real. There are some things up in the air in our life right now, and I just sort of feel like my whole world has been tipped upside down. I'm a big fan of "comfort" and "no pain or stress" and "things going according to the plan"...aren't we all?! But that is just not the season we are in right now. I love the quote above though...
"Breathe in the amazing, hold on through the awful, and relax and exhale during the ordinary. That's just living heartbreaking, soul-healing, amazing, awful, ordinary life. And it's breathtakingly beautiful."
If we didn't experience hard times, the good times wouldn't seem so good. And, God never promised that everything would be easy for us...in fact, just the opposite...he said in this world we would have trouble, but I'm so thankful that we have the hope and assurance that we can take heart, because He has overcome the world! One day, there will be no more pain and no more tears.
I'm just trying to hold on through this storm, because I know that on the other side, there is a rainbow. Regardless of my circumstances, my life is breathtakingly beautiful & I am abundantly blessed!
"Life isn't always sunshine & butterflies...
Sometimes you have to learn to smile through the pain."
I'm trying...I really am.
I do. I definitely do.
This right here is medicine for my soul...
Just some good reminders for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment