Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve played out a little differently than we had planned, but we still had a great day. We were planning to have the Easterwood's over after the Christmas Eve service, but because Mackenzie was running a fever and not feeling well, we couldn't do that. I definitely missed our Christmas Eve tradition of being with the Romoser's and Easterwood's, but there's always next year! We loaded up and left Newcastle around 11:00 with two car loads full of stuff. Thankfully, I had cleaned the house right before we left, so we just had to unload our stuff and put it where it belonged and things were pretty well back in order. G-Ma came up in time to go to the Christmas Eve service with us, and then we went to Chili's to eat afterwards. (It was lonely without our friends and the food wasn't good...not to complain, just telling it like it is...) Then we went home to put out cookies & milk for Santa before going to bed! (Santa still had much work to do, so we needed bedtime to come quickly!) We realized at 10:15 that we needed batteries, so G-Ma and I went in search of some...thankfully Walgreens was still open! Who waits until 10:15 on Christmas Eve to look for batteries?! Ugh!
Brian was looking studly in his new sweater from my mom & I was rockin' my new outfit from the Buckle and my new boots. (Having new clothes is fun!)
Here we are at the house before we left for the church. We started to have Mackenzie stay at home with G-Ma, but I really wanted to all be together. She perked up a little bit and I'm really glad she went.
My mom doesn't like this picture, but I just love her! Don't know what I'd do without her.
Definitely not how you want to spend Christmas...
They were so happy to see their friends, at least for a few minutes!
I knew it wouldn't take long for Madison to get those matching Christmas pj's on Pony! Right before bedtime, Madison asked if we bought a present for Pony...uhhhh... G-Ma saved the day and bought Pony a My Little Pony "suitcase" on our Walgreens battery run!
Madison just decided Pony could share all of her presents with her!
She was sneaking some of Santa's milk!
Sweet Mackenzie really wasn't feeling well at bedtime.
Oops...there went the cookies!!
We are always so glad G-Ma is with us on Christmas Eve & Christmas morning!
And...the Santa Drop is done...whew!
Stick a fork in me...I'm DONE!! I love Christmas, but it's a lot of work too!


No comments:

Post a Comment