Monday, December 21, 2015

Christmas Week Fun at G-Ma's House

We got to spend 6 nights at G-Ma's house leading up to Christmas Eve, while Daddy was on the Ski Trip. The weather was crazy beautiful for December and we had such a great time! Friday night when we got there, my friend Leslie, came to see me and pick up cookies. She lives in Louisiana now, and was visiting family for Christmas. She brought Wendy, Devon & Kaylee with her and the girls had so much fun playing in the treehouse and exploring the trail in the dark with them! It was so good to see Leslie...I miss her so much! Saturday we had our Garrett Christmas get-together. We always do a $10 Gift Card Dirty Santa game & I ended up stealing lottery tickets from Poppa Jim! (Brian wasn't there so I figured, why not?! When else will I ever get to play the lotto?!) And it paid off too...I won $20! On Sunday morning we went to church with G-Ma at WHBC and then had breakfast with Poppa & Louise at Jimmy's Egg. We spent the afternoon relaxing at the house & then went back to WHBC for a little fellowship that evening. We were fashionably late, but it didn't matter. It's always good to see friends from the past! We drove around and looked at Christmas lights afterwards. On Monday morning, I had a hair appt with Stacey in Norman and then I went shopping for myself! Wooo-hooo!!! The Buckle always gets me in trouble! The weather was so pretty almost every day we were there, so the kids played outside a lot. Poppa even took Jonah fishing one day! On Monday night, we all cuddled up in G-Ma's room and watched Jingle All the Way...a must every year! On Tuesday, we went back to Norman with G-Ma for her hair appt and the kids and I did a little last minute shopping while she got her hair done. YES...I took all three kids into the mall three days before Christmas...crazy, I know!! After shopping in Norman, we went back to Newcastle and went to WM to buy groceries for the next few days. Clint, Abigail & Carver got there Tuesday evening, and then Daddy came early on Wednesday. We opened presents on Wednesday afternoon, had Mexican food for dinner, and ended the day with Home Alone. From start to finish, our time at G-Ma's house was so much fun!
The treehouse is simply amazing...really, every kids dream! 
The girls always love getting to play with Devon!
This was my FB post with this picture:
Regardless of the fact that we haven't seen each other in over a year, I love how we always pick up right where we left off, as if we were still working together every day. Leslie, I know you were just using my cookies as excuse to come see me! My heart is happy! I love and miss you, and I loved seeing you all!
Christmas at G-Ma's house wouldn't be the same without Crazy-Eyed Santa! Pa would absolutely love it that the kids enjoy it so much! It always makes me happy and sad at the same time when I start to hear this music!
Jonah has joined the "I want to sleep in G-Ma's bed" club!
But, he slept with me most of the time! I wish I could keep him little forever...
Jonah has claimed this little book as his own. He calls it his "Jesus Book" and I'm pretty sure he thinks its a real Bible. It actually belonged to my Grandma Jean and Mackenzie got it from Poppa's house when she was probably about the same age as Jonah is now.
So wonderful to play outside the week of Christmas without even having to wear coats!
Mackenzie is the most creative child I know...she decided to use the walking sticks as tent poles and make tents to play in. She dug and dug and I was totally impressed by her imagination and determination to make it work!
Yes, her clothes were filthy...but she was having fun!
They even made a campfire with little fake candles! Madison is playing the kazoo around the campfire...they make me laugh!!
Poppa & Jonah didn't catch any fish, but they had fun trying!
Rex put a "thinking rock" on the trail...they are taking that concept seriously! LOL!
On Wednesday morning, Mackenzie, Uncle Clint & Daddy had a Silent Night jam session! They sounded pretty good!
Jonah had to get in on the action too!


No comments:

Post a Comment