Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Daytona Beach

We spent Tuesday and Wednesday nights at Daytona Beach Resort. It was fabulous! Our room was right on the beach. The only downer was that it was very windy and chilly. This was probably the coldest part of our whole trip. That didn't keep the kids from splashing in the ocean though! This was Jonah's first trip to the ocean and he had no fear of it at all. We had a blast swimming in the indoor pool and hot tub both nights we were there. 
This was the view right outside our room.
On Wednesday we saw the new Disney movie, Frozen, on opening day. It was SO good! Probably one of the best Disney movies yet, in my opinion. We knew that we were going to meet the characters from Frozen at Disney World, so we wanted to see the movie before we got there!Afterwards, we ate lunch at Bubba Gump's. The girls loved that their lunch was served in a boat! This was fun for Brian and me because we came to Daytona just a year after we got married and ate at Bubba Gump's. It's so strange how quickly time passes and yet when you go back to places you haven't been to in years and years, it just seems like yesterday...
I can definitely see why people would think he was a girl! Poor guy...at least he just had a few days until his haircut at this point!
After lunch, we went back to our resort and took the kids down to the beach to play for about 30 minutes. It was too cold to stay out there any longer than that. Then we got everyone cleaned up and spent the whole evening just relaxing in our room. I even had to go do some laundry at our resort. (yes, only 2 days into our trip!)  It is officially tradition that any time we go to Disney World, we must spend a day or two at the beach beforehand! The first time we went to Panama City Beach, the second time we went to St. Petersburg Beach, and this time to Daytona Beach.
This was such a fun start to our vacation!
Our little treasure collectors loved searching for seashells!
Jonah's hair!
That water was SO cold!
Since this was Jonah's first trip to the ocean, I ended up with LOTS of pictures of him! And I'm really wondering what I was thinking with the neon orange shorts and red hoodie...I think I grabbed the first thing I could find!
Feeding the birds is a must when you're at the beach! Thankfully nobody got pooped on!
Jonah loved the birds!
We had to watch Jonah very carefully...he kept crawling right to the water with no reserve.
Mack loved running in the waves!
This is what Jonah looked like (and why I had to do laundry) after playing on the beach! Those little toes were like little ice cubes!
Time to get clean!!
His last "long hair" bath! 

No comments:

Post a Comment