I have put off doing this blog post forever, but here goes...
Every year in November, we have Care Xplosion at our church to collect food items to stock the Ministry Center for the holidays. This year, unbeknownst to me, Brian told the kids if they collected 5,000 items, he would shave his head. Imagine my surprise when I read about it in the Channel one Sunday! Keep in mind...this was less than 2 weeks before we left for Disney World...where we would take hundreds of pictures! What was he thinking? Oh, I know...he WASN'T!!! I wasn't thrilled about it, but Brian said surely they would never meet their goal. Well, that may have been so, but Mike Pierce got involved and the rest was history! =0) When the final count came in, there were over 7,500 items/dollars collected! And, it was worth Brian not having any hair for a month or so!
While one of the other churches' Youth Pastor spoke, we went into a room by the Chapel and had a hair shaving party, so to speak! In the Channel picture, it looks like I did the shaving, but that was really just staged for the pic! Brian Easterwood did most of the job...what a friend! Mackenzie started crying when she saw Brian getting his head shaved...I'm not sure if she thought his hair would never come back, or what, but it was greatly upsetting to her! (She burst into tears about 2 seconds after this Channel picture was snapped.) Thankfully, we collected a lot of food AND Brian's hair grew back very quickly and almost looked normal by the time our Disney trip came around. And, I have to admit...he looked pretty good with a shaved head! The bottom line...I love him, hair or not!
Jonah had enough hair for the both of them!
Here are a few video's from the night...
Later that night, after the excitement died down, we had a chance to get used to Daddy's new 'do!







No comments:
Post a Comment