Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Quick Trip to the Park

We had the whole day at home on Friday, and since it was nice and sunny, we decided to take the girls to the park in our neighborhood. (We got our Homeowners dues bill this week & it is $345, so we need to take advantage of the park every chance we get!) They were extremely excited about this! It was chilly and the wind was blowing, but we bundled up and it wasn't too bad. Mackenzie rode her scooter almost all the way there and back home. I helped her out a little, but she is getting pretty good at it! We laughed because she looks a little bit like a hobo, hobbling along in that big oversized coat with her hair all messy and a stocking cap on! Our little outing lasted about 30 minutes, and that was plenty for us all. Well, except for Madison. She wasn't exactly happy about going back inside. Here are some pictures!
Okay, I know there are 10 pictures of Mackenzie riding her scooter...I couldn't help myself! It was just really cute and I was so proud that she could do it so well! LOVE this one! When Madison figured out that we were going to the park, she started saying "shoe-shoe-shoe," and pointed to her closet, wanting us to put her shoes on right then so we could GO already! She loves being outside and its been a while since we have played on the playground. When we went back home, she kept looking out the window and pointing to the backyard. She really wanted to go outside again. I'm glad we took advantage of the pretty day, because it sounds like we could get some nasty weather in the next few days. I will be so glad when Spring gets here!
Love the expression!
This girl loves swinging! Who would have thought that just a few hours after this, she would come down sick. Poor little thing got a stomach virus...not fun at all!Holding on tight, with her butterfly mittens on to keep her hands warm!
Madison LOVED this!
Such a big girl now!
Okay, so Brian and I both got on this thing with the girls...fun, but bad idea! It came right off its track. They loved it while it lasted though!
Mackenzie and Daddy going down the big slide in their "matching" coats, as Mackenzie likes to say! She is so proud that her coat is like her daddy's!

No comments:

Post a Comment