Saturday, April 25, 2015

Our "Little" Landscaping Project

We had a weekend at home and decided it was time to do our flower beds. Brian doesn't do anything halfway...they really look like professionally landscaped flower beds now! We went to a flower nursery with Karen & got several flats of flowers & these cool cactus-like plants. We planted wave petunias & sun patients, for the most part. Our friend, Rich Conrad, who is a landscaper, came over and gave us some tips on what to plant, and where. While Brian dug out the grass and did the hard labor, I loaded up Jonah and took him to buy all of the plants we needed! I went to Lowe's first and that was a total flop. No one would help me. So I left and went to Southwood nursery and I'm not kidding you...within 15 minutes, I had everything on my list. Which was a lot! We got several kinds of grasses and green moss things to plant, a miniature crepe myrtle, some fancy plant food & dirt, and two big crepe myrtles to plant on the right side of our driveway. Brian went to Hardscapes and picked out these rocks. He gave me a hard time for making him move them around over and over to get them just right! We worked on this pretty much all day Friday and Saturday. I have to say that it was a bigger job than I had anticipated. I was less than excited when Brian woke me up at 7:00 a.m. Saturday morning and wanted me to shovel dirt. I may or may not have been nice to him! This was an expensive "little" project...around $750...but, I'm so glad it's done and I love the way it looks! Now we just have to keep these flowers alive!
 
Here is the "before" picture...it looks SO much better now!
That's some wild hair Madison has going on!
We had such great helpers!
I'm so excited about these crepe myrtles! I got hot pink, in memory of my Grandma Jean. I always remember that she had the most beautiful hot pink crepe myrtles at her house. I can't wait for them to bloom!
And here are the pic's of the final product!
I'm so proud of Brian! He did a great job!
And then here are a few pictures of the beginning of the project!

No comments:

Post a Comment