My favorite way to start a trip to Disney World is dining at Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary Resort. We had an 11:30 breakfast reservation on Tuesday morning, before we checked into our resort. When it comes to planning and packing our outfits for Disney, I'm definitely a little OCD...I like for all of us to match in some way...pretty much every day! =0) (I know...that's overboard, but I don't care!) I loved our matching blue/white Mickey & Minnie shirts on this day!
We were really excited about Jonah seeing Mickey for the first time, because he is just crazy about watching MM Clubhouse right now. But, it didn't go quite as expected...I don't know if it was just sensory overload or what, but Jonah didn't act great during our meal. I was hoping this wasn't a sign of how things would be, but sadly he had many "meltdown" moments during our trip. He's TWO, so I guess that's just to be expected. He did really love Minnie though, and the pictures I got of them together are some of my favorites from this trip!
I will never forget our first trip to Chef Mickey's when Madison was 8 months old and Mackenzie was 3 years old. It was the first thing we did with the girls at DW and it just has a special place in my heart! I don't think I could go to Disney World and miss out on Chef Mickey's!
After eating, we rode the monorail and visited the Grand Floridian resort before heading to check in at Caribbean Beach. I loved this day of our trip because it was relaxing and laid-back, before starting with the parks the next day.
We had about 30 minutes to wait before our reservation, so we took silly pictures!
Best Buddies!
How anyone can be this cute & sweet, and rotten & ornery at the same time, is beyond me! Don't let this face fool you...he's a mess!
Jonah thought the pager they gave us was a phone! He talked and talked on it...
Here's a picture of Chef Mickey's from up where the monorail comes through. Jonah LOVED the "choo-choo" every time it came by!
Breakfast was very yummy! Who doesn't love a Mickey Mouse waffle?
I had high hopes for a cute picture of Jonah with Chef Mickey, but this is what I got...I don't know what his deal was, but he wasn't about to stand by himself with Mickey!
I guess he felt safe with his big sisters though!
Mickey was the first one to sign our special photo mat!
Madison has always loved Minnie Mouse!
After his initial reaction to Mickey Mouse being close to him, I thought this was so funny! He's got a thing for Minnie, I guess! He let her love all over him!
Mackenzie is growing out of the Minnie Mouse phase, but I was glad she wasn't too big to take a picture with her! Next time we come, she may not want to...sad thought!
Jonah wasn't interested in taking a picture with Donald at all.
Daddy told the girls to kiss Goofy's nose!
The world's smallest grape, that Mackenzie insisted I take a picture of!






No comments:
Post a Comment