Monday, December 2, 2013

EPCOT Day One

We spent Monday at EPCOT. There are things that I love about EPCOT, but with small kids it is definitely my least favorite of the 4 parks. However, it is Brian's favorite and we did have a great time! My favorite part of EPCOT is definitely the caramel shop in Germany. Best caramel apples EVER! We started the morning with breakfast at Akershus, and then we saw Mulan and the Frozen characters. (SO excited about that!) We waited in line for over an hour to see Anna and Elsa...I thought that was bad until I talked to someone after Christmas who said they waited for 4 hours to see them...NO. WAY. We made our way around the world, did the Nemo ride, Test Track, and later that evening we watched the Candlelight Processional. This was our first time to experience that. There were parts of it that I really liked...it was in the America pavilion in the outdoor amphitheater and there is a huge choir and a famous person comes narrates the Christmas story each night. I was really hoping we would get someone that we like, but Neil Patrick Harris was the narrator on the night we were there. We were standing in the back, surrounded by men who have chosen the same lifestyle as him and it was very uncomfortable for us, especially with our kids looking on. It really made me sad to think about how lost and clueless the world is, as I listened to him read about the birth of Jesus. Other than that, we had a great day at EPCOT! We were all worn out by the time we got back to our room that evening.
 
The movie Frozen came out the day before Thanksgiving and we saw it while staying at Daytona Beach. We loved it and definitely wanted to meet the characters, but at that time I had NO idea how crazy popular it was about it become! As I'm sitting here typing this, I have been trying to get an Elsa dress for Madison for months and can't find one. They are sold out everywhere.
Mackenzie got this umbrella for one of her souvenirs!
I love these pics! We were waiting in line for Mulan and they sat on this bench and chatted under the umbrella for the longest time! I wonder what they were talking about...
She makes me laugh all the time!
Madison picked this Nemo as her souvenir for the day. (Even though we have 2 Nemo's very similar to this back home...whatever! I just wanted her to be happy!)
This was so funny...Jonah wasn't exactly having a happy moment when it was time for us to meet Mary Poppins...she looked at him and asked me if I needed a nanny! Hahaha! Why yes, YES I do!!!
Mackenzie insisted on having her umbrella in the picture, just like Mary Poppins!
Another very cool part of our day was watching the acrobats and drummers in China. Incredible!
This is a picture of Mackenzie designing her car for Test Track. I was proud of Brian...he just stood back and let her pick whatever she wanted, even though I knew he would have loved to pick himself!
Of course she picked pink!
All of the Christmas trees and decorations at Disney World were so pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment