Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Morning at Home

Is there anything more exciting than Christmas morning, as a kid?! I LOVE watching the sweet, sleepy expressions when they come into the living room to see what "Santa" brought them! As I have blogged in the past, we have fun with Santa, but they know the truth about it...we have chosen not to convince them to believe in something that is a lie. (Personal convictions...no condemnation at all for those who have chosen to do otherwise!) =0))
This year, the girls got a Barbie Dreamhouse (Not sure WHERE we are going to put it!) and Jonah got a new CARS 4-wheeler. They got all kinds of goodies in their stockings...I think I have more fun filling them than they do opening them! Any time we asked the girls what they wanted for Christmas, they said a Baby Alive doll...The whole reason they wanted them was because you can feed them "real" food and they "really" pee/poop. Are you KIDDING me?! I do not need to clean up any more pee/poop around here! Regardless, how could we not get them the one thing they repeatedly asked for! They also got new rollerblades, little guitars, and a present with some things they wanted while we were at Disney World, among a few other things.
Brian and I don't always see eye to eye on exactly how much/many presents to buy for Christmas. I know he thinks I am a little excessive about it...BUT, they are only 7, 4 and 1 for ONE Christmas! Come on!!! =0) We had a pretty relaxing morning at home, opening and playing with presents, before getting ready to head to Debbie & Mark's for lunch and then on to have Christmas with the Baldwin's.
Yes, we have fun with new toys and gifts at Christmas...but first and foremost we remember that Christmas is really about the greatest gift of all...Jesus Christ!
 
He was still sleepy!
Madison told Santa on Christmas Eve that she wanted a mermaid Barbie...which I had never even heard before! G-Ma Claus saved the day at the last minute, so she wasn't disappointed!
A boy movie!!
Jonah got some Mickey Mouse blocks, a farm set, a Mickey Mouse dr kit and tool kit, a whale bath toy and an airplane.
Daddy worked really hard to wrap this present for Jonah, from Madison! It was a ball popper and Jonah absolutely loves it!
BABY ALIVES!!! They were just a tad excited!
I ordered Daddy the Duck Dynasty shirt with the skull and beard that he wanted when we went to Duck Commander earlier in the month. He was surprised to get something in his stocking! He got me an awesome bag with "Baldwin" monogrammed on it. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment