Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Date Night: Disney Style

On Tuesday night, Brian and I got to spend the evening together while G-Ma stayed at the hotel with the kids. (Thank you SO much for letting us have this night out, mom!) We originally had a reservation at the California Grill in the Contemporary Resort, where we could see the fireworks at Magic Kingdom while we ate. But, Disney called me and said they had to cancel it. I was disappointed and frustrated, but I love what we ended up with anyway. I made a reservation at the Flying Fish at the Boardwalk resort. We had an hour and a half before our reservation, so we walked around the Boardwalk and Yacht and Beach Club resorts while we waited. It was nice to have some quiet, relaxing time together. Disney is the best vacation ever, but it is far from relaxing! The Flying Fish was very fancy (and expensive!). I ordered a Caesar salad, because I don't like fish and it was one of the only things I understood on the menu! When they brought it out to me, it was like 5 huge pieces of lettuce...it was very different, but I liked it. It was fun to eat in a fancy place like that...we felt special! And, I didn't even have to cut up anyone's food, clean up any spills, or keep them happy and quiet in the restaurant! G-Ma took the kids to the playground and to eat pizza at our hotel. She texted me and said, "How much pizza can Jonah have?" The girls told her he had never eaten pizza before (which isn't true), after his second piece! Haha! I think my favorite part of the evening was sitting outside by the Boardwalk Bakery, eating dessert after our fancy meal. I am a Disney fanatic and it was fun for me to see some of the places that I have read about on the Mom's Panel and other websites. After visiting the fancier resorts, I am still very content with the Value resorts. Especially with young kids! One of these days when Brian and I are old and don't have kids at home anymore, maybe we will go stay at the Boardwalk! 
We found a nice man who took a few pic's for us!
Love him!
Our dessert spot...
Meanwhile, back at the hotel...they were pretending to be Mommy and Daddy...Madison was wearing my shoes and Mackenzie was drinking out of Daddy's new mug.
We laughed when we pulled back into our resort...we fit right in on minivan row!
We brought them Mickey Mouse chocolate chip muffins for breakfast the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment