...Must Come to an End...
Well, I really don't like that saying at all, but in this case it was true...after 8 magical days at the happiest place on earth, it was time for it to come to an end.
We spent our last evening at Disney World relaxing at the hotel. We packed up our stuff and then headed down to the pool to let the girls swim, eat pizza and watch a movie under the stars. One thing we were definitely not missing about being at home was the freezing cold weather we knew we were about to return to! It is always sad to see a wonderful vacation come to an end. Especially at Disney World. Knowing the next time you come, a few years down the road, the girls will be older and maybe not as into the "magic" of it. 8 days at Disney World is exhausting though, so there was definitely the other side of me that was ready to get back home, into the normal routine of things.
We left very, VERY early the next morning and drove straight through...YES, we drove for over 20 hours with 3 kids...this is where I have to stop and brag about my kids. They are the BEST little travelers I have ever heard of! I don't know what we would do without the DVD player though! We didn't stop very many times at all, and the few stops that we did make were very short ones. I have never been so glad to be home in my life...we hit snowy/icy roads as we got into Oklahoma and the last 3 hours of our drive were not fun at all. Around Idabel, it was pitch black because electricity was out everywhere and we were the only car on the road for miles and miles. I was so scared we were going to get stuck or have an accident. Thankfully, God was watching over us and we made it home safely around 2:00 a.m.
Our trip was filled with so many fun memories that we will always cherish! I already can't wait to go back again! I think we may try Disneyland next time.
Jonah didn't appreciate being woken up at 4:30 in the morning to drive home! The scowl on his face and his arched eyebrows crack me up!
This is what you look like after such a fun time at Disney World!
I gave Jonah a chicken nugget and he bit into it and just held it in his mouth like this for the longest time...silly boy! He takes the biggest bites, just like his Daddy. I have to watch him, or he will put an entire chicken nugget in his mouth!








No comments:
Post a Comment