Okay so this deserves a post of its own...at the last minute, I decided to schedule a massage for Saturday afternoon. I have never, ever been to a spa like this, and I was so excited! Along with the massage, I had access to the fancy spa area for the rest of the afternoon. I got to use the hot tub, the wet and dry saunas, the pool, the showers...it was amazing!
Meanwhile, Brian rented a bike and took off on a trail through the desert. (Not my idea of a fun time, but I was so happy we were both getting to do something we loved!)
My massage was incredible--like genuinely, the best thing ever--then I went out to the pool and enjoyed laying in this comfortable spot. I had just gotten settled--it was so peaceful and quiet--until my phone started ringing. When I answered it, I really thought Brian was having a heart attack. It took about 30 seconds for me to figure out what was actually wrong with him. He had a cactus stuck in his leg. Now, I'm not diminishing how painful this situation was, but he scared me to death when I answered. I thought he was dying. Once I realized it was (just) a cactus situation, I was admittedly a bit annoyed. (sorry, babe) But...I had absolutely no way of helping him. We didn't have a car, and he rode 12 miles away from the resort and I would have had no clue how to find him anyway. Also, I paid over $200 for that massage/spa time, and I really wasn't ready to leave yet. I had another 2 1/2 hours to lay in that glorious lounge chair and read my book! I wasn't trying to be unkind or unhelpful, there just really wasn't anything I could do. And I was so relaxed after my massage, haha! Thankfully, Brian made it to a road and a nice person on a golf cart came by and took him to their garage to pull the cactus out. All was well, and I'm really so glad he was okay!
I finished up my time at the spa by taking a shower and getting ready in the spa facilities for the evening. I felt so pampered and spoiled...I loved it!
Brian's FB post about his bike ride:
"My ride on the Tortolita Preserve Trail near Tucson, AZ was mostly amazing! Then my seat broke and some leaping cactus got me. Thankfully a Good Samaritan with some pliers helped me yank it from my flesh! God's creation is beautiful...but some of it wants to kill you!"
My post a little later about this cactus situation:
"This is my version of Brian's cactus story:
Brian : Hey I need help, I'm kind of in the middle of nowhere and I have a cactus in my leg and I can barely walk."
Me : I'm busy...(at the spa)...and what could I even do?
Brian : (pause) I'll figure something else out.
Me : Okay, bye! (breathes sign of relief that I don't have to leave this spot!)
EDIT POST: I do realize this makes me sound like a complete diva--however--I would have actually left the pool if there was anything I could have done to actually help him. Just saying..."
These pictures were taken before the cactus incident, obviously!
This is where I started out, before my massage. I had the whole area to myself and I enjoyed that hot tub with a fireplace.
This was outside the door of my massage room.
Duh-duh-duhhhhhh.....
OUCH!
I think I need to schedule spa days more often! =0)




























No comments:
Post a Comment