The Friday afternoon performance for the Secondary students is always the one that Mackenzie is most nervous about. There's something different about performing in front of your peers. I know there was a part of Mackenzie that was worried people would make fun of her for playing Olaf, because most of the time that is cast as a male role. Teenagers can be so mean. =0( We talked a lot about not worrying about other people's opinions and just having the best time, and I really believe she did that. Mackenzie's ability to jump 100% into this role of Olaf was impressive to me. I know I'm maybe a bit biased, as her mom, but Mackenzie was absolutely amazing! Her friends were so sweet and supportive afterwards and I know that encouraged Mackenzie's heart!
GMa came back to watch this performance too, and we sat up close this time so I got some great pictures! It's easy to see that Mackenzie was having FUN! Of course Mackenzie's solo song "In Summer" was my favorite, but I loved the whole thing. I couldn't wait for our family and friends to come see the Saturday evening performance!
Oh also--is her costume not the cutest thing ever?! When she brought the initial costume home, I said hhhmmmmmm.....let's look for something else. I think what we came up with was perfect for her!
At the beginning, when young Elsa & Anna make Olaf.
For the First Time in Forever...
In Summer!
Hygge! (huga!)
Fixer-Upper
Some people are worth melting for...
Watching her friends come up and love on her after the performance was the sweetest!

























































No comments:
Post a Comment