Thursday, February 22, 2024

A LIT Night

The President's Gathering really started at dinner on Thursday evening. Dare2Share does this event every year, basically to raise funds and cast vision for their ministry. There were around 50 couples there who support Dare2Share and they were the nicest, kindest, most generous people you will ever meet in your life. We were having the most relaxing, wonderful day...until my phone started ringing during the welcome reception & it was Mackenzie. The call started out like this,
"MOMMA, MY CAR IS ON FIRE!" 
That is not exactly what you want to hear when you're several states away from your kids! My first question was "who else have you called?" to which she responded "no one...I'm just calling you!" Oh my word...okay, first things first...call someone that is IN OKLAHOMA and can help you!! Like GMa maybe?! Understandably, she was a bit shaken up and didn't know what to do at first, and I always want to be my kids' first call when they need help. I was just a bit panicked, watching fire fall out of the bottom of her car over Facetime.  GMa called her neighbor Jimbo to come help them. She wasn't home from Jonah's basketball game yet, and the girls were almost to her house when the car caught on fire. I am so thankful it didn't happen on the highway! Right before Jimbo got there, an Amazon driver stopped and thankfully had a fire extinguisher. When he opened the hood of the car, it was engulfed in flames. Thankfully they put the fire out and no one was hurt. The bad news is...her car is toast...quite literally! =0) What can you do but laugh?! We are just so very, very thankful that God was with them & they are okay. We still don't really know what happened, but we think it had something to do with a fan belt slipping and cutting some wires? Anyway--enough about that--but it did cause some stress right at the beginning of the conference. And, we had to just choose to not worry about what to do about not having a car, until we got back home.
Once we settled down from that excitement, it was time for dinner. The only way I can describe this dinner is that it was the absolute most amazing buffet I have ever been to. There was steak, lobster, salmon, chicken...you name it, they had it! It was delicious! Then we had the first service, with Shane & Shane, which was also wonderful. 
Here are some pics from our evening. It was fun to dress up a little and feel fancy!
I guess you could say this night was LIT! =0)))
I have always wanted a black jumpsuit like this and I found this one at Uptown Cheapskate! Always a win! 
Love this man of mine! How handsome is he!
The air was very chilly, so this fire pit felt very so good! 
I felt like we were in a movie scene or something...so beautiful!
Love this! I'm so proud of Brian! It's not every day you are in the line-up with Tim Tebow, Jeremy Camp, and Shane & Shane! =0) 
Love Shane & Shane!
They had the fanciest little desserts every evening after the services.

No comments:

Post a Comment