Monday, October 28, 2013

Fall Family Pictures



We had our family pictures taken by my very special friend, Jill Curry. She is incredible! These are probably my all time favorite pictures ever! I was wanting to have our pictures done this Fall, but when the Care Xplosion "shave Brian's head campaign" popped up, I kind of ran out of time! I really didn't want to take our family pictures with a bald Daddy! I have to add: taking family pictures is a LOT of work...planning what to wear, getting everyone ready, keeping everyone clean, getting there on time, getting everyone to smile and pose...it was kind of exhausting but oh SO worth it!!! It was even worth losing the keys so we could find just the right outfits at the mall! (See The Mystery of the Missing Keys post) Just as we got on the railroad tracks, Madison slipped and got tar all over the knees of her jeans and on the sleeve of her shirt...before we had even taken a single picture. I almost let that totally upset me, but in the grand scheme of things it didn't matter at all. The pictures turned out beautifully...I will treasure them always! Jill took over 600 pictures...here are about 50 that I love the most!
Every time I watch this video, I cry...if only we could "let them be little" forever...but since we can't hit the pause button on life, how absolutely wonderful that I have these beautiful pictures to capture this moment in time. These people are my whole world...I am blessed beyond measure to call them my family!
Give them hope
Give them praise
Give them love every day
Let 'em cry, Let 'em giggle
Let 'em sleep in the middle
Oh, but let them be little.
You turn around and it's time to let them go,
So let them be little
Cause they're only that way for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment