Friday, December 7, 2012

Silver Dollar City

On Friday afternoon we went to Silver Dollar City. This was our first time to ever go during Christmas, and everything was so pretty and festive. We got there right when it opened at 1:00 and stayed until it closed at 9:00 that night. We spent most of our time at the rides the girls liked...the roller coaster was their favorite! I think they rode it 5 or 6 times. It was a little chilly, but not too bad. It was much more enjoyable than the last time we were there in August and it was 110*! We kept Jonah bundled up in his warm clothes, but I think he was wondering why we were outside in the cold all day because I ended up in the Nursing Station with him 3 or 4 times. The only show we watched was "It's a Wonderful Life" and it was very good. We watched the Christmas parade, ate lots of yummy food, and rode the train and heard the Christmas story at the end of the night. We really went back and forth about whether or not to go to Branson, but I am so glad that we did. On Saturday morning, Brian and I (and Jonah) went to a tour of a Time Share (UGH!!!) while Grandma and Grandpa took the girls to the Dicks .5 & .10 store. They had a lot more fun than we did! Then we stopped and ate at Lambert's, where they throw rolls to you, on our way home. 
This was such a fun day with Grandma and Grandpa Baldwin!
Between me and Grandma Baldwin, there was a lot of picture taking going on! Daddy was getting a little tired of it, but the girls didn't seem to mind. So beware...there are a LOT of pictures on this post!

The girls had to be measured to see which rides they could go on.
The girls and Grandma Baldwin on the teacup ride.This was like a "mini" Disney World, so they loved it!
Jonah slept while we rode the rides.
The pirate ship ride went WAY too fast for us! Madison was not a happy girl when it was over...I think she was about to throw up actually.
Madison's head was buried in Grandma's should the whole time!
So glad to be off of there!
The first time we rode the roller coaster, Madison didn't like it at all. Then she decided she loved it and did it several more times.
At this point I had to go feed Jonah while the girls went to the kiddie area to ride the butterflies, ladybugs and frogs. I hated to miss it, but Jonah was screaming so I had little choice. Brian took these pic's and videos with his phone. I laughed so hard when I watched the video of Madison on the butterfly ride. So funny!!!
Madison didn't quite understand how to work the up and down button!
Here is a video of the girls on the ladybug ride...I laugh every time I watch it because Mackenzie looks bored to tears! Maybe we should have done this one before the roller coaster and it would have been a little more exciting for her!
Jonah was much happier after his tummy was full and he was all warm in his little bear suit. He got lots of smiles and sweet looks from people all day long.
It didn't take him long to go right back to sleep...he was warm and cozy!

I LOVE this picture! We were waiting in line for "It's a Wonderful Life."

It was so funny...another little girl right beside us had this same penguin blanket that Madison has. Madison saw her with it and thought she had stolen her blanket! I reassured her that she had her own blanket, and all was well! Madison calls this her "peace sign" blanket, because Mackenzie got a blanket with peace signs on it a few weeks ago, and Madison decided she wanted a new blanket too and picked this one. Even though it has penguins and not peace signs, it is still the "peace sign blankie." I just go with it!
Mackenzie wanted me to take her picture by this cross.
There were Christmas lights everywhere.
When we came out of the show, it was dark outside and almost time for the parade. Compared to what we are used to at Disney, the parade was very simple and small. But, the girls still loved it and it was fun that the characters came up and talked to them. They actually saw the parade for a second time later on while I fed Jonah again!
Madison was nice and warm, sitting in brother's car seat, waiting on the parade to start.

After the parade, we rode the train, carousel, swings, and played in the tree house before it was time to leave. We were all pretty tired by the time the night was over.
They loved the swings and rode them three times in a row. 
They had their hands up in the air and their eyes closed most of the time!
Here are a few video's of the girls on the swings:
Right before we left, we stopped and got the girls hot dogs. They were starving!
That is one full stroller! It was hard pushing it up and down all of those hills. On our way out, an older man stopped us so that he could take a picture of our kids. It was kind of random, but he just thought they were cute and wanted their picture. =0) We ended the night with buying souvenirs on our way out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment