On the first Sunday in December, Brian did a Turning Hearts parents conference at WHBC. He got to preach and he did such a wonderful job. Mackenzie has been learning Christmas songs at school, because they are singing at a retirement home later in the month. One of the songs she has learned is Silent Night, and she decided that it would be a great Christmas present for G-Ma if she sang a solo at her church. At first, it was going to be a surprise for G-Ma. But, the second she got out of the car when we got to G-Ma's house the Friday before, Mackenzie blurted it right out. It was just too exciting not to tell it! 
This was one of those special moments in life that I will never forget. I think I was more nervous than Mackenzie was! She seemed very calm, but kept asking, "Is it my turn yet?" When she walked up onto the stage with her Daddy, I think the nerves set in a little bit. She stood very close to him, and didn't take her eyes off of me the whole time. The whole church was full, probably over 400 people, so I'm sure that was intimidating for her. I know I am biased, but she has the most beautiful little voice and she sings right on pitch. She sang all three verses of Silent Night, without missing a beat. I think half of the people in the room were crying by the time it was over, and she even got a standing ovation. I wanted to cry and smile all at the same time. I have never been more proud of her. As she sang, there was a stillness in the room and the Spirit of God could be felt. Pa would have been so proud of Mackenzie, and I'm pretty sure he was watching from heaven. This was a beautiful intro into Daddy's sermon. After church, we had lunch in the fellowship hall and the girls played out on the playground with G-Ma while Daddy did the last session. It was a wonderful day and we were so blessed to spend time with our church family at Woodland Hills.
Here is the video of Mackenzie singing Silent Night. (click here) to view it.
Mackenzie wanted to know if she could be introduced! She's so funny! Then she asked if her song would be on the radio. =0) Then, after it was over and we were back at G-Ma's house talking about it, she said, "Momma, all of my fans were there." HAHAHAHAHA! Okay, maybe we have complimented her a little too much.
Thomas video'd with my phone, and Devon Strickland took pictures for me. I wanted to be able to sit back and soak it all in, without having to mess with cameras. I'm so thankful they did that for me.
"Silent Night, Holy Night,
All is calm, All is bright,
Round yon virgin, mother and child,
Holy infant so tender and mild,
Sleep in heavenly peace
Sleep in heavenly peace."
"Silent night, Holy Night,
Shepherds quake at the sight,
Glories stream from heaven afar,
Heavenly hosts sing Alleluia,
Christ the Savior is born,
Christ the Savior is born."
"Silent Night, Holy Night,
Son of God, love's pure light,
Radiant beams from Thy holy face,
With the dawn of redeeming grace,
Jesus, Lord at thy birth,
Jesus, Lord at thy birth."
How special that she got to share this with her Daddy! I hope Mackenzie doesn't have her Momma's nerves and can continue singing like this as she gets older.
Jonah was looking good in his suit for this special occasion. He had a tie that matched, but his neck is so "round" that the tie wouldn't fit. =0)
Here is a hilarious video of Mackenzie trying to learn the lyrics to Silent Night. Needless to say, memorizing isn't very fun for her. Poor girl!

No comments:
Post a Comment