Sunday, December 9, 2012

Breakfast at the Manger

Every year at Christmastime, we have "Breakfast at the Manger," where the parents and preschoolers have breakfast together and then the kids hear the Christmas Story at the manger during Sunday School. I just happened to catch Mackenzie's class as they came to hear the story, and they were all carrying sheep to the manger! Mrs. Powell does the neatest things with them. This was the same Sunday that we were Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus. And we had a Youth Mission lunch, and then the children's program that evening...needless to say, it was a very busy day! But wonderful! I love our church home so much. God has blessed us beyond measure to be a part of such a wonderful fellowship of believers.
This is one of my favorite Christmas crafts from ELP this year...Madison's foot as a manger. LOVE!
I had to add this picture too...as we were loading up and I was making my average 3-4 trips back and forth from the house to the van to get everything, Jonah was screaming. All of a sudden, I heard the crying stop and when I got back to the van, this is what I found! Both girls were standing over him singing and talking to him. He was fascinated! Such good big sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment