On Sunday night, we went to the service at Fernando's main church in Vila Real, where we spent most of our time. A big part of coming on this trip is sharing your testimony. Jamie really wanted me to share my testimony in this service, because many of these people had met Brian in years past. I was very nervous about doing this. More like scared to death! I am not a public speaker, and I haven't done anything like this in...ever? I really don't know. But, I was somewhat prepared and I knew God would help me through it. I did use my phone, because I don't think I could have remembered what to say without it. Maybe it is silly, but sharing my testimony like this gave me reassurance and confidence that I can do hard things, and God can even speak through me. There was part of me that really wanted to just stay in my room Sunday night and not even go to this service. My stomach hurt and I was exhausted. But I am so, so glad I said "no" to my flesh in that moment. Sharing my testimony was the beginning of God really stretching me and working in my heart on this trip. Jamie also preached a very powerful message, and the music was so beautiful. It didn't take long for me to realize why everyone who has ever been to Portugal loves it so much! Afterwards we ate pizza (so much better than sushi!) and acai cups (amazing!) and then went to the big grocery store to grab snacks or whatever anyone needed. Everyone was ready to crash when we made it back to the hotel. It was a great first ministry day in Portugal!
I made her take this picture at the grocery store so we could send it to Jack. She was clearly excited!
The nighttime view from my room. So pretty!
One of my favorite moments from our entire trip...they sing so beautifully!
The Lord Bless You, and Keep you...
Jamie preaching video's (3)
Andy's testimony

















No comments:
Post a Comment