Week 5 of Falls Creek was my favorite week of the summer. Mostly because we got to spend a lot of time with Jamie and our Open Door friends, and we were all there together. We did our obligatory ONE Fun Run of the summer...that's pretty much the only morning of the summer at camp that I wake up early. Another special part of our week was seeing Pastor Ted & Jerri at camp! Their son Micah led worship week 5, so they came down for one of the evening services. Love them so much! Another crazy thing that happened--I was driving the golf cart back from the rec fields and I got hit in the leg with a frisbee golf disc while in motion. It. HURT. So. Bad. I think the pics of my leg obviously show that! I was just so so thankful it happened to me and didn't hit one of our kids. It could have been very bad if it hit someone in the head or something. I will be extra cautious from now on, when driving by the frisbee golf area! Jamie and I spent quite a bit of time talking about our upcoming Portugal trip. It was just a few weeks away! Something else I enjoyed this week was sitting in more services, at least for the music and Brian's teaching times. Fireworks on the 4th of July was another fun part of week 5. Our whole family was there all together, and we just did all of the regular camp things...eating in the Caf, hanging in the Green room, riding around on the golf cart, pin trading, going to the Tab for Pre-Session, sleeping in and staying up late, playing UNO and battleship and Phase10, running the bases, hanging out with friends, eating with Open Door, the block party on Wednesday night, ICEES & ice cream & iced coffee drinks, going to the gift shop, chasing Jack around the Tab, helping with invitation cards and going on Duo's...all the things...it was a great week of camp and it made me remember everything I do really love about spending our entire summers at Falls Creek. The one bad thing that happened this week was that Mackenzie started having breathing issues. We ended up in the ER the next weekend, and we really still don't know what is going on. It's always scary when something is wrong and you can't figure out how to fix it. We are praying that whatever this is goes away soon!
I Love Him!
Blonde-hair, blue eyes, Mickey Mouse/American flag shirt and red shorts, blue ICEE = 4th of July!
Shane preaching & Micah doing music was an awesome combo!
I love to listen to Brian teach in the mornings. I could never, ever do what he does & I love how God has equipped him and used him in this way! He does such a great job, and makes it look easy, even though I know it definitely is not. Even though this is his 8th summer to do it, I know that he still gets nervous. How could you not, when you're speaking in front of 4,000-6,000 people?!
This is one reason I got to sit in more services...we figured out that Jack could watch my phone with Madi's earbuds! #winning
Madi's back at it!
I love these pictures so much! Probably my favorite camp pics of the summer.
Ooooh my word! We saw this massive turtle crossing the golf cart path down to the rec fields one night. Of course Brian had to jump out and touch it. It was HUGE! Jack called it the "dinosaur turtle" and looked for it every single time we drove this way for the remainer of the summer. This definitely does not make me want to go swimming at Falls Creek!
Time for fireworks!!
Up early the next morning, for the Fun Run!
Jonah and I went to the pin trading party. It was inside this week, which was so much better out of the heat!
OUCH. This is what it looked like right after it happened.
This was the following day...
Jack was not in the mood to have his picture taken!
Nice hair!
We found a way to entertain Jack during the services, in the family room. He is a little dare-devil!
4th of July fireworks fun!







































































No comments:
Post a Comment