Tuesday, February 23, 2021

More Utah Fun

Here are some more pics from our trip to Utah. We flew in Monday morning and flew back home on Thursday afternoon, so it was a pretty quick trip. I'm always extra thankful for GMa when we go on trips like this, because I can leave the kids with her and not worry about them constantly. They love being with her as much as they love being at home. One of these days, Jack will get to stay with GMa too! =0))) 

On Monday evening, after we drove around Ogden, we met back up with the group for pizza. Dustin & Sara are planting a church in SLC and GoStudents is sending a team to work with them for a week this summer. It is going to be a great trip! Salt Lake is a very dark, lost city. Their church will be the first evangelical church in their zip code of 60,000 people. That is so hard to believe. And sad.

On Tuesday morning, Jack and I slept in and relaxed while Brian went with the group into downtown SLC to do some planning for the trip this summer. Jack did not exactly sleep well in the hotel Monday night, so I was really tired. (See pic at 3:48 AM for reference) Jack and I took a (chilly) walk across the street to the shopping area by our hotel while they were gone. Then they picked us up for lunch at a place called Cafe Zupas, and it was soooo good! Jack and I went back to the hotel for the afternoon, while Brian went with Dustin & Sara to do some more work. That evening we went to dinner at Dustin & Sara's house. They have a beautiful home and it was a great time of fellowship with them, Jantz & Xavier, the youth pastors who will be leading the trip. 

One more thing...we discovered Crumbl cookies while we were there, and I think the Reeses cookie was the most amazing thing I have ever eaten! We got cookies twice during our time there, it was that good. But it got even better when we realized that we have a Crumbl in OKC...what?! I don't know if that's a good thing or not, because I'm going to want them all of the time now.
Not even kidding. Best. Ever.
So. Tired.
Our Tuesday morning walk:
A quiet afternoon in the room...
Thank goodness for Facetime!!
My favorite faces in all the land!
This was out front of Dustin & Sara's house. The view is amazing from their house! Mountains all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment