On Christmas Eve eve, we spent the whole day at home just relaxing and being together. Brian and I were up late the night before finishing up on cookies (YEA for a break from cookies!) so we were tired and enjoyed not having to be anywhere. After a wonderful Christmas weekend at G-Ma's house, we were glad to be back home to play with all of our new toys! Later in the day we decided to decorate our gingerbread house. Kari got this as a surprise for the kids when she spent an evening doing laundry at our house while we were gone to the Baldwin Christmas party. I was ecstatic about the fact that it was PRE-ASSEMBLED! I told her she saved me from hours of stress and anxiety! Ha, ha! Seriously, the walls and roof have always caved in when we have done it in the past. Decorating a gingerbread house is always one of my favorite Christmas activities with the kids! Jonah had more fun eating the candy and throwing it in the floor than he did actually decorating with it. The girls did a great job and I was quite impressed with our Christmas gingerbread creation! There was icing, sprinkles, and pieces of candy all over our kitchen by the time we were finished! Now that the gingerbread house is done, we can officially have Christmas!
It didn't take Jonah long to start eating the candy!
Fun times! And by the way, that icing was like glue...it tasted disgusting!
Why wear clothes on a day like this? A diaper & socks or pajamas work just fine!
Jonah started to get the hang of things after a while. I put some dots of icing and told him to put a piece of candy on each one and I was so surprised when he actually did it!
Mackenzie's side of the roof...
Madison's side of the roof...

Candace~ you are one amazing momma. I love getting to be a small part of your lives. Love you a so much.
ReplyDelete