Friday, December 5, 2014

Christmas Decor + New House = Pretty

I loved decorating our new house for Christmas! I admittedly spent way too much money buying new Christmas decorations, but it just couldn't be helped! I was so excited to have Jonah's stocking done this year...our family stocking collection is now complete! I started decorating earlier than normal, but I had the motivation of having our Sunday School party at our house on December 7th, so I wanted to make sure I had everything done by then. Christmas lights and decorations just make me so happy! This truly is the most wonderful time of the year!
My nativity sets are one of my most special possessions...I love them!
 I spy a cute little boy! And a very pretty kitchen!
I was determined to decorate the tops of my kitchen cabinets, but I didn't want to spend a fortune to do it. Then I had the idea to decorate with Christmas boxes from Hobby Lobby. It only cost about $40 to do the whole thing! This was such a fun project & I love how it turned out!
I was SO happy about displaying my Grandma Jean's Christmas dishes for the first time! I have had them for many years, but have never had a place to put them out. It makes me feel like she's a part of Christmas at our house, even though she's in heaven!
I spent a LOT of time making cookies in my kitchen during the month of December, so I'm glad it is so pretty!
 
So I kind of have a thing about Christmas trees...I like them in every room of the house! We have 7 trees in our house this year! Overboard? Maybe... Pretty? Definitely... Worth my happiness? Absolutely!
Madi helped me pick out a new red star for our tree this year!
 This is our new ornament for this year...we got it at the Christmas Train, and Jonah LOVES "choo-choo's" right now, so it is very fitting!
The tree in our office is decorated completely with homemade things from the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment