Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sea World

On Saturday, we went to Sea World with Tom and Lyn. They drove in to San Antonio late Friday night. We were excited to take the girls to Sea World, but a little apprehensive about the heat and whether or not they would enjoy it. It turned out to be a great day! This was the Saturday of Labor Day weekend, so there were quite a few people there. I do have to say that I like the Sea World in Orlando better than this one, but it was still good. It was special that we got to spend this fun day with Grandma and Grandpa Baldwin! Of course, I took lots and lots of pictures!
It is a very surreal feeling to take pictures with your kids in places that you remember taking pictures with your parents when you were kids...does that even make sense? The point is...I'm getting old!So glad we got to take a vacation with Grandma and Grandpa! It was a little windy and Mackenzie's hat didn't want to stay on!
The first thing Daddy and Mackenzie did was ride the Shamu Rollercoaster...they had to wait in line for a long time but it was worth it!They're ready to go! How cute is that seat?!I leave the rollercoaster riding up to daddy...even on little ones like this!She came off all smiles!
The first show we went to was a Sea Lion and Seal show. Madison really had a hard time sitting still through the shows. She ate lots of snacks!
Madison LOVED the birds and squirrels...any animal she could see moving, she would point to and grunt! I don't think she's ever going to say real words!The girls with Grandma and Grandpa at the Shamu "Believe" Show! That is one big whale! Madison would get very excited when it came out of the water like this!Daddy & his girls
Bad, bad picture of me... I like this picture! I was a little disappointed in the Shamu show...since a trainer was killed last year, they no longer let any trainers in the water with the whales. It was good, but not as exciting as it used to be when the trainers did tricks and stuff.Eating lunch after Shamu!Madison was much happier in the air conditioning, with food! (This girl is like her momma!) These expressions just crack me up!
After lunch we went to another show...Madison was asleep so I sat up top in the handicap section with the stroller. It wasn't long before Mackenzie was up there with me too. This was a cute show! This walrus was HUGE! I love this little girl! Madison had all she could take! This was Daddy's favorite show...it was called Azul and there were dolphins, beluga whales, parrots and acrobatic divers.
Madison loved it when the parrots flew by!Love those pretty curls! Just like her big sister! Waiting in line to feed the dolphins!I was so excited about Mackenzie feeding the dolphins...I wanted to get some good pictures so bad, but there were so many people that I didn't really get any. And, she didn't want to touch the dolphins...I was frustrated with myself after this was over because I was so worked up about getting a picture of it that I didn't let myself enjoy it. I learned a lesson there...I love pictures, but I never want them to replace the joy of the actual moment.
(The pictures I got were still cute!)We got 4 fish and Mackenzie threw them in the water very quickly!Dolphins are my favorite!After the dolphins, we went into the Aquarium and Shark area...Mackenzie did so good...she wasn't even scared of the sharks! She was in awe of those fish!Precious!For $5 you played until you won a stuffed Shamu doll! This is a real action shot!
Such concentration!Mackenzie got hers...now they were playing for Madison one! (It took them a while!) The last thing of the day was to see the Penguins...of course they were on the other side of the park and we had to walk a LONG ways to get there!
They were cute though!It is just not possible to go somewhere without buying souveneirs....Grandma and Grandpa bought the girls these fun things...Madison got a little dolphin in a purple purse. So cute! And Mackenzie got a Sea World trainer Barbie with a whale, dolphin and seal! She was so excited when she saw it! (I had never seen one like this before...it was $20 at Sea World...a few days after we got home I saw it at Wal-Mart for $10...go figure!) Oh, well...it is more special that it actually came from Sea World! We also found her a Sea World coloring book.














We had a wonderful day, but we were all very glad to make it back to the car! I was proud of us...we made it from 10:00-4:30 in the park! After resting in our room (while Grandma and Grandpa got lost on their way back) we had dinner at Red Lobster. It almost seemed cruel to eat seafood after being at Sea World all day, but hey...it was just shrimp! This was probably my favorite day of our vacation! Sweet, fun memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment